Exactly how "conservative" is Texas A&M?

<p>No not attention just info I just want to get people’s opinion of texas a&m so i don’t make a choice I’ll regret financially. Wow looking through my threads stalker much lol. Thanks for the comments guys just want to see how conservative it is. Going to visit here this break anyways and see if theirs a chance it’s for me or not. I just love others opinions, because it gives me better knowledge of things. Sorry if I can off contradictory or attention seeking just a very confused boy about where to go to college. Thanks </p>

<p>FWIW over the break I asked my S about his impression of LGBT intolerance on campus in light of the dubious distinction of being a LGBT unfriendly campus according to USNWR. His impression was that most people were LGBT friendly but that there are groups on campus that are very vocal about their unfriendliness. His impression is that within his major there are a fair number of liberally minded students. He also indicated that while many students are conservative minded he enjoyed engaging them in conversation and hearing differing perspectives from his own. He hasn’t found the majority of students that he knows to be so narrow minded that there was no room for discussion. </p>

<p>Thanks for that ^ (:</p>

<p>Spectrum…I can see if you just walk by a group of kids trying to make their point (highly conservative), you could walk away with the feeling of intolerance as it’s often a loud minority that make a large impression and effectively make you miss the fact that they are only speaking for themselves and many, perhaps the majority, that aren’t so vocal simply live and let live which is all you can really ask for!</p>

<p>Well I visited their. The students were so nice. Granted it was raining and 30 degrees. It was a bad day, but I enjoyed it. The school is huggggggggge. </p>

<p>I think you would be surprised how many liberal minded people are on the Texas A&M campus. I mean I heard a speech this semester from a student who is pro-assisted suicide. That is an issue I would claim to be extremely liberal. </p>

<p>Though, there’s the problem with answering this question. Liberal and conservative are relative to the individual.
Through my eyes, I see the school as Moderate. There are going to be people who fit the conservative bill on
every issue. Likewise, there will be those that fit the liberal bill on every issue. However, those numbers will pale
in comparison to the number of students who have a mix of views.</p>

<p>There is a large catholic/protestant population. That is to be expected, and if you are religious there will be plenty of places to go to practice your faith.</p>

<p>I personally have nothing against LGBT. I have been around for the student senate debacle over the choice not to fund the LGBT center if its against your views (this stood no chance considering many people pay state/federal taxes that go towards things they don’t approve of). Anyways, I wouldn’t call A&M’s campus welcoming towards the LGBT population, but I wouldn’t call it descriminatory either. Everyone can fit in once they find the right crowd. </p>