Excited Bama people

<p>Anyone else applying for 2015 year when the application comes out tomorrow?!? So excited, I can’t wait! So how about everyone post the great things about The University of Alabama, and why you, your son, or daughter decided to go there so all the eager high schoolers have something to really look forward to!!</p>

<p>My D wanted a large state flagship. Of those she looked at, Alabama had the smallest “feel,” meaning that even though it was a big school, we knew D would get personal attention if she wanted it, that she would be watched over and guided, and that the school wanted her to succeed. She also had her head turned by the fantastic honors dorms. D is now a rising junior and my expectations for her at Alabama have been surpassed. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>@borog2015 My D is c/o 2015 and applying. She wants to leave our home state (FL- as you can see from my username) but wanted to stay in the South. We visited Bama last summer and @beth’s mom mentioned many of the things that impressed us on our visit. It’s a beautiful campus and the school is big, but still has the feel of a small school. </p>

<p>My DS will be starting in the Fall. He applied to schools in several geographic regions, so it wasn’t necessarily the South that pulled him to Alabama. We took a tour spring break of his Junior year. The campus is gorgeous and the Engineering complex is AMAZING! Close to $300 million has been spent in the last 10 years adding state of the art classrooms and labs - just in the Engineering complex. And this is happening all over the campus! Many new dorms have been added in the last 10 years, as well. He will be coming in with the Presidential scholarship (yes, that had a factor in his decision, too) and will be in honors. The school is large (35,000 students) but when you look at it by department or special interest, it makes it much smaller. The campus is not too spread out. It can easily be walked with the dorms along the perimeter and the classroom buildings in the middle around the quad. Good luck to you, OP! Please ask any questions that you may have. </p>

<p>Alabama has the total package: Athletics, Academics, Scholarships, Beautiful Campus and People, Dr. Sharpe and engaged faculty, and endless opportunities. ROLL TIDE</p>