Excited for revisits?

Has anyone gone to a revisit yet? Are they excited? Are you attending all your Admits? All to know how it goes and what you gleaned?

2 Likes

I only have 2 schools to visit. Both near end of March and start of April. How about you?

We have two visits coming up next week and the week after. DD is very excited! She attended a zoom session last night for one school in advance of visit day and was able to reconnect with her student tour guide from her interview day. She has a list of questions that she is hoping to have answered on her revisits, and we have a few questions of our own as well. This is the fun part!

2 Likes

Visiting exeter 4/3, Andover dates don’t work and I like Exeter more anyway

1 Like

2,000 mile flight confirmed to LAX.

I’m going to all 3 of my visits, and it’s gonna be like interviews all over again in terms of travelling.

1 Like

I’m literally doing the exact opposite lol 200 miles from cal to Boston

Very excited - really hoping to get a better feel for campus and the students at several of the schools - we are visiting 3, one in NH, one in RI and one in MA. The one we are most looking to see if it is a fit is St Marks (SMS) in MA as this one is teetering near the top but just need to get revisit day in!

4 Likes

We are only visiting one, and my daughter and I are both very excited!

2 Likes

What is dress code for revisits at schools that have flexible dress codes?

1 Like

Good question! I am just letting my kid wear what the actual students do, with exception of sweatpants, which somehow strikes me as just too informal to meet new people;)

2 Likes

It really doesn’t/won’t matter what you wear. Don’t be super dressed up, don’t wear pajamas or sweats. Jeans and a nice shirt/khakis and a polo are totally fine for most schools. Remember you are interacting with kids and teachers you may go to school with but realize that many kids look like slobs in class at least 50% of the time. (post covid dress code relaxation has happened in many schools)

2 Likes

We had a revisit today. While my daughter wore a skirt as that is who she is, most wore casual neat presentable clothes. We were told to wear good walking shoes.

4 Likes

Hi there, I wanted to ask a question about international admitted students. My son has been accepted into Deerfield, Choate, and Hotchkiss, and we’re wondering if he needs to revisit any of these schools. For example, he has to fill out a form for spring revisit days at Deerfield. Is this required? Also, I would like to know if the school provides any travel packages or if we need to cover the cost ourselves as we’re far from Deerfield. Thank you

He does not need to revisit. It’s optional, provided so that you can make a well-informed decision based on an actual experience with the school.

1 Like

Revisits have started and are a great way to ensure a school will be a good fit for your child. So if you can go to any/all it would be helpful. I’ve not heard of schools paying for revisit travel expenses.

1 Like

The Thacher School in CA has paid for my revisit travel and hotel expenses.

I think it might depend on the size of school and amount of applicants they will be flying out from other places of the country/world.

1 Like