Excuse for low gpa

<p>what would be the good examples of low gpa…??</p>

<p>i came here in the us when i was a sophomore, and that year…my gpa was below w4.0, which makes it really difficult to get into cal or la…(3.4 and 3.8)…my enlgish was not very sufficient…(i bombed the english, getting c and b)</p>

<p>dont worry too much, but at the same time it will be kind of hard for you to get into the top tier UC's (UCLA, UC Berkeley and maybe UCSD) even if you use your explanation as a justification for your low GPA. (Remember competition is intense, especially for this year!) What is your junior year GPA? That GPA will probably influence your chances tremendously since it can show if you improved your GPA or not. Well Good LUCK and hope you get into your UC of choice! Wish me luck as well! LOL</p>

<p>my gpa is like</p>

<p>3.4-3.8-4.0-4.0...its UC gpa</p>

<p>bump........</p>

<p>Upward trend is good. If you have an excuse, then that will be to your benefit. However, no matter what anyone says on here, the final decision is still going to be from the adcoms. Just apply and see how it goes without worrying about how one person interprets your results.</p>