Experience of English / Creative Writing Students

I’m struggling to find a wealth of information (both on here and online) on the experience of humanities students (particularly English and Creative Writing majors) applying to college. I’m struggling to understand what English-loving students get into top colleges, as many Ivy League acceptances I’ve seen on here are STEM, business, etc.
From y’all’s experience, what extracurriculars / scores / stats / essays have gotten you in certain places? Any threads you could refer me to? Thanks so much.

As with students with an interest in any field, your success in matching yourself to a great college will depend on how well you have researched your initial list of schools. If you can find, say, ten colleges strong in English and creative writing for which you are generally academically qualified by objective criteria, then this will greatly enhance your chances of attending a top college for your interests.

If you would like to follow the college application and selection journey of a highly accomplished high school student with interests similar to your own, this CC topic should be of interest: Chance a self-conscious creative writer for Ivies + LACs. The OP is now a first-year college student.

1 Like