Experiences with straight Blinn?

Truly “asking for a friend” who is not on CC, as my son has full admission. If she doesn’t get in, my friend’s daughter is thinking of possibly going straight Blinn and living at Callaway House. Has anyone had any experiences with going straight Blinn for freshman year that I could share with her?

My first daughter went straight Blinn 6 years ago. She transferred into TAMU Animal Science after two years and is currently working her “dream” job!!! She lived in an off campus dorm, Cambridge and it was a great experience for her. She had lots of friends at both institutions. If your friends daughter studies hard and makes the grades she should be able to transfer within a year. I had a friend whose daughter did it after a semester but she had lots of hours going in. Let me tell you that Blinn is no joke. It isn’t your typical two year junior college. Some of the classes are really difficult. I have heard that the same professors at TAMU also teach at Blinn but I don’t know if that’s true or not. My son is awaiting a decision from Tamu still and he will turn PSA down if he gets that offer. He wants to be in CSTAT and has told me that it’s not where you start but where you finish that counts. Very wise; I could learn a bit from him.

Were thinking about doing Blinn if we dont get the offer we want. Has anyone ever had trouble transferring over? Or if you met all the requirements but A&M still didnt transfer?

@soccer19310 Have you looked into the Blinn-Brenham Texas A&M Engineering Academy?

We have talked about this program quite a bit in the Engineering Admission Decisions thread here. Today, the link to their website was posted there for information. Please take a look! It’s an EXCELLENT program with 52% transfer rate into the main campus after the first year. There are some people on this forum that are intending to go there. If you prequalify with test scores and a very quick no-fee application to Blinn, they will release their application to you on March 1. It has a very high acceptance rate. The students live there, 45 min. from the main campus.

Thank you!! Im trying to figure out how to apply because I already applied to Blinn Bryan as a backup. So, on Apply Texas I cant submit two applications to the same college and thats the only way I can apply to Blinn-Brenham Texas A&M Engineering Academy. I contacted Blinn-Brenham and will see what they say!! Thank you so much @MomHopesNxtGenAg

They will fix it just by changing the campus and declaring you an engineering major.
Follow up with their Admissons folks very soon if you don’t hear back.
If they already have your test scores, they can check your math score and hopefully pre-clear you very soon.
There are 80 students there right now, and their preview day is March 9 if you can visit. They are starting around 8 and finishing roughly noon that Friday. I salute you for taking prompt action.

You may ultimately be given a spot through A&M. Regardless, you will sleep better knowing that you have a plan that will work.