Extracurricular Themes

I am planning on majoring in computer science; however, my extra curricular activities fit two distinct themes: helping others (tutoring, test help club, volunteering, freshman helping club, student council, etc.) and science/environment (Science Olympiad, Science Bowl, Environmental non-profit, environmental research at a state university, environmental club), which does not include comp sci. Would this still be fine?

Yes

6 Likes

I don’t know who started this “theme craze” but I hope they accept responsibility for the damage they have done!

OP-- you do you. Spend your non-classroom time doing things that are meaningful and interesting to you. Anything you did that isn’t really a long term commitment, or where you just showed up- you can just not mention it on your application.

It isn’t a competition to see who has the most EC’s, and you don’t need to fit all your interests into a tiny box.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.