Extracurriculars at A&M for Engineering

Hi,

I am a freshman engineer at A&M and I just finished my first semester. However, I feel like I didn’t immerse myself in any engineering extracurricular activities which I completely regret. What do y’all recommend that I start doing second semester? I was VERY involved in high school and I just want to get back out there. Are there any clubs or extracurriculars that I can join second semester? Research opportunities? Internships? Thank y’all!!

Mom of two Aggie Engineering daughters – both of my daughters got involved during their freshman year and also their sophomore year – Student Engineer’s Council (SEC), other engineering societies, school traditions groups, sororities, etc. But I would definitely recommend going to the career fair this month to 1) see how it works and 2) try to get an internship. Internships (including those after freshman year) made a huge difference in my daughters’ college careers and eventually their permanent job offers. Texas A&M has one of the best career fairs in the nation so you should definitely attend. Get your resume together and make sure you have business attire ready for when you return to CS. Good luck!