Extremely excited/nervous for the fall

<p>So I've been accepted to A&M for Mechanical Engineering, I accepted my admission, registered for NSC, Housing, and all of that. (I turned down a lot of scholarship money, both academic and athletic, from other colleges, even though A&M barely gave me anything)</p>

<p>On the MPE I got a 22/33 (I placed into Calculus)</p>

<p>I'm extremely nervous about the course work though. I'm afraid it's going to be too hard and force me to drop out. I have every intention of going to all of my classes, and I know I'm going to need to study a TON for engineering classes, but I'm worried it won't be enough.</p>

<p>My SAT/ACT scores are above average, but not great. On the SAT Math I got 650, CR 650, and Writing 660. ACT Math was 31, ACT Science was 33. I've always done well in my math and science classes, and for years now I have been planning on majoring in ME. But now that it's so close, I've been over-thinking/rethinking everything.</p>

<p>Is it normal to be so nervous? Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited and beyond ready to move to College Station, but I'm just worried about the difficulty of ME.</p>

<p>Yes its normal to be nervous. I’m terrified and excited for next year lol. I think as long as youre prepared to work you’ll be fine, I think it’s mostly kids that aren’t prepared to work at all (like me) that do poorly.</p>

<p>I nervous but excited too. My dad is already scaring me with med school stats: “u must get 3.7 gpa or higher at a&m.” My dad is a doctor himself, so u can see where the high expectation is coming from. I think it’s doable.</p>