FA Award?

<p>Hey i am really confused when i read my FA award. there are two columns. One says Offered amount, and one says Accepted amount. How do i know which one they are offering me?</p>

<p>I'd guess you check the accepted column and send it back. That way if you don't want a loan or work-study than can give it to somebody else.</p>

<p>oh i see haha thanks. Do u know whether the work/study is work assigned to you by the university? Like if i apply to work for housing, will i get about the same money my work/study says?</p>

<p>When I got it I had a bunch of jobs to choose from. They don't all pay the same either. I ended up at an off-campus non-profit doing research for about double what on-campus jobs paid. It was only blocks from campus.</p>

<p>I just want to say that i have like the best aid from madison lol. This school is DEFINITELY affordable for anyone. im getting about 15k (this includes grants, work study, and loans which have no interest rate) out of the 19k it costs.</p>

<p>In or out of state?</p>

<p>Out of state but i'm in minnesota so i have reciprocity benefits. In state costs roughly 18k i think.</p>

<p>Interesting. Do they streat Minn kids like instate for fin aid then? Does Minn give you any state type aid? As in NJ gave many NJ kids money no matter where you went. They just gave you more if it was instate (double).</p>

<p>kevinscool, I got a decent amount from Madison as well. It was $8,400 which while it isn't $15K, is a considerable chunk. It was kind of odd, considering how much my parents make, although it might have something to do with another sibling in college this fall.</p>

<p>It's weird, because I know someone who only got $400, and his family isn't much better off financially than my family.</p>

<p>yea i know i was surprised because madison has so many kids you wouldnt think they could give such good aid. I only got about 6500ish in grants though. Are you in state? 8,400 is a lot if you are in state. I dont think minnesota gives me any state type aid. I know there were local scholarships i couldve applied for, but most were for local colleges in minnesota.</p>