FAFSA Email?

<p>i am probably going crazy since tomorrow is the notification date... but did everyone get the fafsa email? </p>

<p>it probably means nothing... but blah
i'm going crazy waiting</p>

<p>What fafsa e mail are you referring to?</p>

<p>This email is in response to your request for financial assistance at Virginia Tech. We have received your 2010-2011 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have begun reviewing your information.</p>

<p>Should we need any documents to verify your FAFSA information, you will receive a separate email notification from our office. Please do not submit any documents unless requested as this can cause delays in awarding. Returning students may check for requested documents on their Hokie SPA. New and returning students will receive an email if additional documents are needed.</p>

<p>…</p>

<p>We often utilize email to communicate with students. Current students should monitor their VT email regularly for communications from our office. New students should establish a VT email account immediately upon acceptance to VT. In the meantime, new students will be contacted at their home email address until the VT account is established</p>

<p>Yes, my son got the same e-mail this morning. My first thought was that they would only be reviewing his financial aid info if he was accepted. Fingers crossed!</p>

<p>Oh well, we will all know for sure if accepted or not after 6pm tomorrow and then will have to wait for the letters to see what major…</p>

<p>Yeah!
I hope they are reviewing it because they accepted me
i cant wait until tomorrow 6pm
that is just way too late haha </p>

<p>…
maybe they are reviewing ours cuz we got in haha
i guess we will see</p>

<p>Not to raise any false hopes, but we received that e-mail one day before we got the e-mail saying that D2 had been accepted…</p>

<p>Who was it from and what was the subject line?</p>

<p>Thanks, any glimmer of hope is good.</p>

<p>what does D2 mean? sorry i’m not with the CC lingo
d2 means daughter? lol</p>

<p>BUT! I hope you are right … that this is a little <em>SIGN</em> ding haha </p>

<p>ur “d2” did she do regular or early?
but i guess that doesn’t matter because this year vt let a group of ‘regular admissions’ people know earlier than usual (who are not honors)</p>

<p>but i hope you are right
considering that we all find out tomorrow</p>

<p>subject line was: financial aid update
and it from from Virginia Tech - Seadawg (if you were talking to me that is)</p>

<p>Flap - yep, D2 means daughter number 2. (I’m an expert now, this is my second go-round with college admissions. At least D2 only applied to five schools rather than the 14 for D1.) D2 was in that group of “regular admissions” people who also heard towards the end of February.</p>

<p>Good Luck!!! It’s not much fun to wait, but you’ll appreciate it all the more if the news is good.</p>

<p>Flapperjacker, Thanks, I’ll be looking for it. I hate to read too much in to what it means to get it or to not get it. I guess the only sure thing comes tomorrow.</p>

<p>yeah no kidding
i mean i don’t want to get my hopes up
and then tomorrow…</p>

<p>flapperjacker: rejected
that would suck big time!</p>

<p>Yes, we did get that email a while ago, right around the time D was accepted, early March. Shortly after she rec’d acceptance, she got another request for us to forward our taxes for verification. </p>

<p>Had a slight panic attack thinking it was something we missed.</p>

<p>Best of luck for those waiting on acceptance!</p>

<p>Looks like we got the FAFSA email this morning. Don’t want to read too much but at least it shows they have the right email account and stuff is getting through.</p>

<p>so the fafsa email is something everyone is getting?</p>

<p>i wish people who did not get admitted would write on this forum saying whether they got the email or not … haha it would be nice though</p>

<p>because if they did, then it’s generic
if they didnt… well then… yeahhhhhhhhhhhh</p>

<p>i’m reading too much into it
tomorrow can’t come fast enough</p>

<p>I got the FAFSA email, and I was accepted in early March. I can’t imagine they would send that email to people who were not accepted–it would make absolutely no sense. But that’s just me guessing.</p>

<p>Flapper, saw you on the UVA board, same as us, waiting for UVA and Tech, already got in to JMU.</p>

<p>yeah i got into jmu too
i’m waiting on tech and uva
but i already know i wont get into uva
haha</p>

<p>chelsea… u got the email and u were accepted?
congrats!
i have to wait until tomorrow
ugh</p>