Fafsa question

<p>if i am unable to finish the fafsa by the march 1 deadline (for alabama), would i lose any priority for stafford or plus loans upon completing the fafsa at a later date?</p>

<p>im pretty sure ill get it done on time, but i want to know what im getting myself into (for lack of a better term)</p>

<p>thanks guys!</p>

<p>I don’t know about losing priority for loans. You might lose out on any Pell grant or FSEOG money though if you qualify.</p>

<p>You DO NOT have to have your tax returns completed to complete the FAFSA though. You can simply estimate the amounts and then they will adjust them later with your official tax return.</p>

<p>Sig…</p>

<p>Since I know that you don’t qualify for Pell or any other free aid like that, it won’t make a difference for you.</p>

<p>BTW…there is no issue for Pell either. If a person has the EFC, he gets the money…it’s an entitlement…even if the student submits his FAFSA after the priority deadline of - say March 1st or whenever. </p>

<p>Deadlines are really for limited aid…such as work-study, Perkins loans, and institutional aid.</p>

<p>You can get a fed stafford direct loan or Plus Loan anytime. It’s fine to apply later for those.</p>

<p>I know a kid who got a Stafford fed loan by applying during April of his frosh year. The loan was for the full $5500 for the current school year (which was almost over at that point).</p>