Fafsa question

hi, i have kind of an odd question. i applied ed to tufts. all off my financial aid stuff was done before the financial aid deadlines, however in my applicant status portal it says that my fafsa has not been received. i called the financial aid office and they told me it is because i didn’t put my social security number into my applicant portal, which i did. i emailed a screenshot, but i have not heard back.
this is definitely a weird question, and i might be reaching, but does not getting any contact about financial aid stuff indicate that i didn’t get in? like if i was likely to get in, wouldn’t they need all of my financial aid info?
i am the oldest child and my family does not know much about financial aid stuff.

Even at schools that are need aware, the financial aid office works separately from admissions. They aren’t in the same place.

Doesn’t Tufts also use the CSS Profile? I believe so.

Please check your forms and make sure your SS is entered correctly. We inadvertently transposed two numbers, and it DID hold up aid from a school while we straightened that out.

I think you should pick up the phone and call the financial aid office at Tufts tomorrow morning…and find out what’s what.

1 Like

will do, thanks so much!! :slight_smile: :smile: