Fafsa

<p>Does it matter when we submit the FAFSA? Like earlier = better package? I am sorry if this is a stupid question. I know nothing about this and I am just learning through my Counselor and the FAFSA site.</p>

<p>The deadline is March 2, so you have plenty of time to get it in before the deadline. As far as I know, you’ll get a worse package if you submit it after the priority date.</p>

<p>Yeah, I know that. I mean, does it matter if I submit like tomorrow or late Feb. My parents don’t have all their tax stuff. So, I was wondering if I should just estimate like people are doing, or wait for actual numbers.</p>

<p>No, you don’t know that. Do you know what a priority date means? Get it in before then. Last time I checked, tomorrow and late February are all before the priority date. Anticipating your next question, No, you don’t get bonus points for getting it in a month earlier than the next guy.</p>

<p>Try to get it in ASAP. My friend was lazy last year and waited till the last minute to do her’s. With her family’s income she should had gotten more than what was offered. Apply soon or all the money will be gone and all you get is what’s left. Also, it is OKAY to estimate. You can always update your information, just don’t submit it AFTER the due date.</p>

<p>^Thank You.</p>

<p>So, I just make my estimations and submit them like the real thing?</p>

<p>Jo’s story about a friend may be correct, but there is absolutely zero need to apply early. BUT DO NOT MISS THE DEADLINE. Think about it – this is a state bureaucracy that we are discussing – they setup rules/deadlines for a reason. As long as you meet the deadline, you will receive whatever they have. It will not/cannot “be gone” if you apply on time.</p>