Fafsa

<p>I got admitted under Early Action and i didn't get any scholarships :(</p>

<p>I filled out the FAFSA right after January 1st and had Miami as one of my schools, so my question is when/how do I hear back from all of that...</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Last year we got an email with a link to our FA award info in the middle of March. I am sure they do these at different times, so you could really get an email at any time.</p>

<p>Question about Financial Aid- Does Miami generally make the school affordable if you…REALLY can’t afford it? I got a scholarship, but without my financial aid package I don’t know if I can afford it even then :(</p>

<p>What is your EFC?</p>

<p>SVMMom, I got a scholarship, but I’m kind of impatient when it comes to waiting for Miami’s FinAid email. My EFC is nine thousand and eighty-eight (it cc wouldn’t let me post it in # form) and I received the University Scholarship. Do you know…roughly how much I could receive (if any at all) from UMiami?</p>

<p>SVMMom, I would like to know what you think as well. Miami is one of my top choices, but I definitely need aid. My EFC is zero, and I got the Dean’s Scholarship…So do you think that they will actually make it affordable for me or pile me with loans?</p>

<p>OK, it is a little awkward putting my personal info out there, but I can see that there is much interest (and anxiety) over this question. I can only give you our situation from last year. This year will be a crapshoot because of the economy and the decreased endowments.</p>

<p>Our EFC was $3,990.00</p>

<p>She got the following:</p>

<p>$16,000.00 Dean’s Scholarship
$5,000.00 In Subsidized Stafford and Perkins loans
$2,000.00 Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
$5,000.00 Work Study
$4,000.00 From Pell Grant, Acad Comp Grant, and Supp Ed. Opp Grant from Feds, total
$3,000.00 UM Founder’s Grant
$8,000.00 UM Kay Unrestricted Scholarship</p>

<p>Total of $43,000.00</p>

<p>We were very pleased with this generous package from Miami. I do believe that her stats and applying Early Action were factors in producing such a favorable award. </p>

<p>We also filled out the FAFSA on January 1rst!!! They said the earlier you fill it out, the better your chances are.</p>

<p>How much scholarship do they give u for another school if u get waitlisted</p>

<p>I don’t understand your question.</p>