Failing Calculus AB

I am a senior and probably failing Calculus AB with an F. I want to attend San Jose State University because it close to my home. I intended to major in accounting. Is failing this class affects my college admission to SJSU?

How did you do on the prerequisites: Algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus?

I passed all of them. I got an A- in Math 2, B+ in Math 3, and a B in Precalculus.

SJSU’s admission conditions are given here:

https://sjsu.edu/enrollmentmanagement/docs/Spring2021_Terms_Condition_Freshmen.pdf

It does say that your final high school transcript must “Confirm the completion of all of your A-G college preparatory coursework with a grade of “C-” or higher by the end of Summer 2020. SJSU will accept grades of “credit” or “pass” to meet a-g requirements completed during winter 2020, spring 2020 or summer 2020. All other a-g requirements must be completed with a grade of C- or better.”

1 Like

Thank you so much! I already passed my A-G courses. And Cal AB just counts as an elective now. Is that still okay?

You may want to ask SJSU directly about whether the C- minimum grade applies to courses in a-g subjects but beyond the minimum a-g requirements.

1 Like

I got it. Thanks again!

Otherwise you may want to just drop it, unless you need it to show four years of math in other college applications.

2 Likes

A drop should be reported as soon as possible, because the college will be expecting to see the reported course on the final transcript. A drop after the college delivers an admission should be checked with the college before doing the drop.

1 Like

the csu deadline is Dec 15th, so they’re really not going to start looking at the grades and transcript till alt least the 15th, meaning not likely admissions has seen it yet. I agree you should call and find out about dropping a non a-g elective, and see what they say.

1 Like