Failure to get IB diploma

<p>Hi,
I failed to receive my IB diploma as I was required to get one more point in my HLs. My total score is 28. I was supposed to be attending the University of Pittsburgh this fall, but I am not so sure whether they would be taking me in. I wrote to them, informing them about the situation of my grades, and they said that once they receive the final high school transcript and proof of graduation, they would reassess my admission. Should I still go ahead for a retake in November, or should I wait for a (hopefully) positive response from them?</p>

<p>You mean retake an HL exam?</p>

<p>I’ve never heard of retaking IB tests…</p>

<p>I can retake an HL exam in November, so that I can improve my grades. </p>

<p>But your offer hasn’t been rescinded yet, so why act as if it has? They might not even care at all, since many don’t get their IB diploma. You still graduated, and your lack of diploma is not likely going to be on your transcript, so it really depends on your grades more than anything.</p>

<p>I really do hope that they do not rescind my application, so I am gonna wait for their response</p>

<p>I don’t think colleges care as much about IB/AP scores as they do your grades. As long as you didn’t do anything terrible or have your grades drop significantly the last semester of HS you should be fine…</p>