Fairfield party and social scene

Hi, My daughter wants to commit to Fairfield, however she is slightly concerned about the social scene. She is a nursing major and understands she will have to work hard but also wants to have a fun college experience. Since Fairfield doesn’t have Greek Life or football we were wondering if there are plenty of parties to attend. Otherwise Fairfield checks off all the boxes on her list.

This is information that is about 20 years past it’s expiration date…but my sibling attended Fairfield. Back then, the most popular off campus location was The Seagrape (still open I believe). It was an eatery and a bar. I know a lot of the activity back then took place in off-campus locations because campus was relatively quite compared to other schools. She was part of the Dance Team back then and spent a lot of time at practice. One of the best things I can say though is that the friends and roommates she had back 20-something years ago are still her closest friends today…they formed very close bonds not only among themselves but also the families when the girls would invite all of the families to get-togethers several times a year. She actually liked Fairfield (the city) so much that she got married there, got a job there, bought a house there and is raising her family there even after all these years.

4 Likes

The Fiske Guide To Colleges 2020:

Re: Fairfield University: “Explosive party scene.”

“Any students of diversity have a hard time.”

“The level of alcohol consumption is just a culture at this point.”

Fairfield, Connecticut is beautiful & wealthy.

2 Likes

My dd has some friends at Fairfield U and they know how to have fun! As upperclassman they get to move off campus and rent beach houses and that is where most of the parties are, just a short Uber ride from campus. Fairfield is a great town, parts wealthy and parts very middle class. The nursing program is highly regarded. Good luck to your daughter!

2 Likes

Fairfield has a good freshman retention rate of 90%, so it appears students are happy. If it ticks all the boxes and is affordable, it seems a reasonable choice.

2 Likes

Is actually known as a party school due to the majority of seniors living off campus on/near the beach and having a lot of parties. There is also popular places on campus that are known for parties. This summer they are starting the construction of a brand new arena to house sports, concerts and other large scale events. Basketball is popular and usually sold out for home games. Nursing school is very highly regarded and rigorous but when she gets time she’ll find she’ll have plenty of opportunities to socialize.

3 Likes

My kid has been very happy at Fairfield, and so have we. Like most college campuses, you can always find parties and things to do. It’s a good school with a strong regional reputation esp in nursing and business. To be fair, it does tend to skew toward upper middle class WASPs. The Jesuit tradition is also a part of the culture and I think it makes it just a tad kinder/gentler.

2 Likes