Fall 2006 Admissions

<p>Notification Date: March 24, 2006 by 5:00 pm online. Check your VT Admissions Status Page.</p>

<p>Post Acceptances/Rejects/Waitlisted along with your stats and major.</p>

<p>Are the acceptances going to be out on March 24 by 5pm online? How do you know this? Did they email you or something? Thanks.</p>

<p>Yes, that's what I said. I called Burruss. Available electronically quicker than snail mail.</p>

<p>I can confirm this, I was at VT today visiting and they said that decisions should be mailed all by the last week of March or earlier and almost everyone should get them in the mail before April 1.</p>

<p>Oh, great...thanks!</p>

<p>2 more days.</p>

<p>1 day. yikes.</p>

<p>wanna.........can I ask you a question? HAVE you applied to Cornell too..since your name implies you WANNA go there</p>

<p>My horoscope in the newspaper this morning:</p>

<p>"Obstacles lie in your career path, but will push you towards a better decision."</p>

<p>Not really the best thing that I wanted to hear this close to decision time. (I've applied to engineering at tech at uva)</p>

<p>Good thing I don't really believe in that stuff; I just thought it was kind of funny.</p>

<p>that is scary (funny)</p>

<p>yea, i want to go to cornell. but i don't think i have a chance. lol. so yea, vtech is a more realistic choice, i hope. i'll see tomorrow.</p>

<p>i dont understand why colleges have to wait until the last minute to notify us. why can't they just send out acceptances as they accept students? george mason had the quickest turn-around-- it took them 21 days to process it-- i received the letter of acceptance on christmas eve. other schools have rolling admissions... but then again, many with that sort of admissions usually isn't really selective (and we all know selectivity is a big factor on how many applicants want the school :)</p>

<p>so here's my theory: they stretch it until forever because they think keeping their applicants waiting for such a long time builds suspense and that lucrative "want" factor. I want to call each one of the admissions offices i've sent materials to and ask them this same question but worry that i'd come off obnoxious.</p>

<p>anyway, stupid rant, i'm just f-ing anxious. six applications, no rejects yet. can't stand it.</p>

<p>haha i applied to cornell too, dunno if ill get in or not</p>

<p>one hour....</p>

<p>I tried to just log into my application account, but it doesn't have a link for decisions, I would think it would be there even if yo ucan't access decisions yet, but there's only the status of my app, like when I sent it in and they received the payment. can someone give me the URL to check decisions?
also, do we find out about University Honors today?</p>

<p>sit tight, u'll get emailed at or after 5 pm. u should be able to see the decision on your app status. <a href="http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admiss.vt.edu/appstatus/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>burruss also said that they sent all their mail out this morning.</p>

<p>thanks! wow only 5 minutes....</p>

<p>What The F---- I'm So Tired Of Waiting.</p>

<p>i'm gonna have a hernia if my email doesn't come in 2 minutes and 40 seconds</p>

<p>haha. wait, why would you receive an email now? didnt they already send you the ID and pin #?</p>