Fall 2008 Last Minute Application Questions

<p>Excelblue: If the application was submitted, and you have a receipt showing submission, then it was considered as an on time application and we wouldn’t know that it was a minute late.</p>

<p>bbbf: We will verify the courses by requesting transcripts. Most likely this request won’t be until after you are admitted but keep an eye on your email account since we might request it sooner.</p>

<p>ucd admissions, do you konw anything about high school senior gpa to stay eligible for admissions? is it unweighted or weighted?</p>

<p>This will depend on the campus. When you are admitted you should receive a “Conditions of Admissions” statement from each campus that will list the conditions that need to be satisfied to keep the admissions offer valid. These conditions should clarify what GPA is needed if any. UC Davis, at the moment, does not have a senior year GPA requirement and I don’t expect one for this year. The main requirement we have is that your complete all courses listed as in progress or planned with passing grades.</p>

<p>I took the December 1st SAT, but can't remember if I chose to send the scores directly to the UC's (on the test registration). Can I send them on Dec. 20th, when scores are released?</p>

<p>Also, I wrote ~300 words in my Additional Info section to explain my circumstances regarding poor academic performance. It sort of came out like an essay though. I figured that I might as well try, the worst that could happen is the reader skimming/skipping it. Could this possibly hurt my chances?</p>

<p>^You might want to check your account on collegeboard.com in the section under scores sent. They may already list exactly what schools you sent your most recent scores to.</p>

<p>I've sent all my recent SAT scores to the UC's. Will they automatically see my Dec. 1st scores? Or will I have to send them on the 20th?</p>

<p>You'll have to resend them when the new scores come out.</p>

<p>What schools did you request for your four free sends on the December 1st test? If you didn't request any schools then you will now have to pay $9.50 per school. They don't send them anywhere unless you request it, and you only get four schools per test. On each subsequent SAT test you take you need to specify where you want scores sent. Just because you had scores sent there in the past doesn't mean they will send them again when you re-take the test.</p>

<p>Ok so for the Dec I sent my scores to UCSB, UCSD, UCSC, and UCM, I chose those schools kinda randomly. I have still have 7 more schools that I need to send scores to. So does this mean I have to wait until Dec 20 and send the scores in? There isn't an option to just pay now and have the scores sent whenever they come out? Also, can I safely assume that SB, SD, SC, and Merced are done with and just forget about them?</p>

<p>Last thing: My application ID to track my application still isn't working? I heard that they usually take a while? Has everyone else already been able to access the site with thiers? And I know that it's a different system but none of my CSU accounts have been working either.</p>

<p>If I understand you correctly, you are unable to send your newest scores until they are posted on collegeboard.com. You are fine for the four schools you already ordered. They will get not only your newest scores, but also the old ones. When you get your new scores you have choices. If your new score is higher overall in CR and M then you will want to send them to the UC's left on your list. For most other schools you will want to make sure that the new scores can in some way raise your super score total, especially for CR and M. If your new scores will benefit you then send them. If I were you I would contact the schools by either email or a phone call to find out if you can just send your new scores via the regular method. The price is significantly higher to rush scores. Some schools have an internet method for receiving scores that is very quick (2 days) while other schools can take up to two weeks because they only accept snail mail. Calling and emailing to ask what to do will take time, just immediately rushing scores to all seven schools will be very expensive. I guess you need to decide what works best for you. I bet most schools will say that regular delivery is fine.</p>

<p>BTW-
You could have placed an order to have your scores sent to all of your schools when you registered for the December exam. After requesting the four free schools you would have just had to pay for the rest.</p>