Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>I’m betting my application will take a while since my counselor is the new admissions head (Adele) :(</p>

<p>Anyone from Texas? My application was received on 10/23. If you are from Texas have you heard back yet?</p>

<p>We are from OOS and currently have no admissions counselor assigned to our area. My daughter’s application was complete on Sept. 24th. Wisconsin is her first choice and the waiting is very hard, especially with the potential that it could be any day. We asked if not having an admissions counselor assigned to our area would delay her application and we just got back the standard response that they guarantee that all decisions will be made by January 15th.</p>

<p>Haven’t heard anything yet! Waiting is so hard! I applied 10-25, and am from Minnesota. Admissions counselor is Jennifer Sandridge. It will probably be awhile before I hear anything, but I can’t wait! :)</p>

<p>Hey All:</p>

<p>Our oldest S is a junior ME student at UW and our family was just in Madison last weekend for Parents Weekend. While there, we attended a CALS (College of Ag and Life Sciences) academic information session on Friday, 11/12 for our youngest S whose still in HS. An admissions counselor spoke at our session and stated that the first general acceptances just went out on Thursday, 11/11. The counselor said that - unfortunately - the admissions office is currently short-staffed so everyone in that office has a tremendous workload ahead of them. The counselor spoke further saying that it was likely that the acceptances were going to continue to roll out slowly at first and then pickup up steam into the holidays with a large number of acceptances going out after the first of the new year.</p>

<p>I know that it’s tough having to wait for your acceptance - we’ve been there. However, after visiting with this counselor, I do firmly believe that the UW admissions staff is working extra hard to do the best they can to get the decisions out. I realize that this is of little comfort for those of you anxiously awaiting your decisions.</p>

<p>Hope this information is helpful. Good luck and sincere best wishes to all that have applied.</p>

<p>Big10Padre</p>

<p>Has anybody received an admissions decision with Monica as their counselor?</p>

<p>We are from WI and haven’t heard anything yet. Status says the application is being reviewed. I sure hope they don’t see how often we check the site, ha ha. Our admission counselor is Sa Seng Xiong. Has anyone else been accepted with the same counselor?</p>

<p>Just got response from my counselor: Tom Reason. Jan 15th is the deadline for the first wave. I guess we all need to learn be patient at the meantime…</p>

<p>My friend was accepted to wisconsin today, checked online and saw it myself. I don’t have the date he applied or his stats but he is out-of-state from Illinois.</p>

<p>Still anxiously waiting on mine. I hope they don’t mind the October ACT getting in so long after the deadline. I sent in my April scores, of course, but my October ones were better.</p>

<p>Also, since my last chances thread didn’t really answer me and you guys seem like exactly the ones who would know, does anyone have any idea if a 34 ACT would make up for a 3.0 GPA at Madison? I think I’ll be able to manage OSU, but Madison’s admissions seem a bit rougher, and I’m leaning towards Madison if I get in.</p>

<p>WiscoDad, is her counslor Emily Henken- the NJ one? Thats who mine is… so anxious!</p>

<p>jenje66, my counselor was Sa Seng Xiong as well and I have been admitted. :)</p>

<p>I just checked and I was accepted! 34 ACT, 3.979 GPA, in-state, David O’Connor counselor. My message never changed from the status about “we are reviewing your application…” so I was rather surprised. Yay! Good luck to everyone else.</p>

<p>I got in Thursday. =) This my first choice, along with the one and only college I’ve applied to ha. I got everything in in early September except for my transcripts and letters of reccomendation, which weren’t sent until 10/29. Wisconsin resident, 31 ACT, 4.0 GPA. I believe my counselor was Tom Reason.</p>

<p>I just got the admissions stuff in the mail today. Exciting!</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone waiting!</p>

<p>does the soar registration section change in My UW when you get admitted, right now it says “Your application is still under review. The SOAR program is limited to admitted students only.” but to those that have been accepted, does this change??, I’m curious since when i check every morning i don’t even bother clicking on student center, i just look at the soar registration part</p>

<p>Status just changed to “being reviewed by an admissions counselor”. Submitted 9/15, transcripts received 10/15. hope he is getting close to a decision!</p>

<p>Hi MusicNerd23,
Did you get your acceptance via snail mail? How did you find out you were accepted if your status never changed from “We are reviewing your application…”</p>

<p>it seems that there are two status messages…1. we are reviewing your file to make sure we have all the required materials…2. your file is being reviewed by an admissions counselor…for all of you who were admitted, did your status change from #1 to #2 before you got the final acceptance or did some of your status jump from #1 message straight to acceptance?..also, is it true that the updates only happen at 2am or are some of them happening at other times during the day?</p>

<p>I also have been hearing that the SOAR message changes a couple of days before the site actually says that they’ve been accepted, is that true?</p>

<p>So I just decided to check… apparently my counselor is, in fact, Gia P. Euler. Does anyone else have her?</p>