Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Entomom-Our document status only has 3 options, tests, fee, transcript (no LR No App even) ALSO, from Anxious’s post (thanks anxious) we know that a Soar status change to the “not currently accepting…for your term” does seem to indicate a pending decision, albeit, not always a super happy one :{ You’ll be alright, whatever happens anxious, kids “bloom where they’re planted”</p>

<p>gpa- 3.64
ACT-27
TONS of ec’s… including varsity sports all 4 years and a lot of community service hours</p>

<p>my counselor was emily, i’m from ohio and go to a very good academic high school.</p>

<p>after i turned in my materials (my last thing was received on 10/30), when i checked for the first time it said that my application was being evaluated. on tuesday i looked and my SOAR message had changed from “…only available to admitted students” to “…registration is not yet available for your admit term”</p>

<p>i think the SOAR message changes once they have made your admission decision, because in a blog i read from the admissions leader it said that your decision is made, then the next business day the letter is mailed, then the NEXT business day your status is updated. so once you see that SOAR message change, you know you’ll find out in 2 days.</p>

<p>i’m bummed… but i get my SAT back on tuesday, my first wasn’t too good, and my first semester of senior year is going well. so maybe my wait list status will be changed!</p>

<p>fingers crossed!</p>

<p>Accepted! :)</p>

<p>Nonexistent- can you share some details about your stats and state where you live.</p>

<p>Waiting for the first New England person to post that they have heard something…</p>

<p>Wisconsin Resident
Female
Interested in Engineering</p>

<p>ACT: 33
SAT: 2250
GPA: 3.977 UW
Class Rank: 3</p>

<p>National Honors Society President
Student Congress, two years
Friends of Islam Club (…and I go to a Catholic high school, haha)
National Merit Competition–Commended</p>

<p>Congrats…</p>

<p>Thanks, dogs. :slight_smile:
Best of luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>I was accepted today! Checked after the hp7 premiere and there it was. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>oooOooo:
what were your stats and your app updates?</p>

<p>WI resident
I had everything in as of October 29. My status changed to being reviewed by a counselor on November 2.
Gia Euler was my counselor.
Fourth in my class, 2320 SAT, 3.9/5.3 W/UW GPA, national merit semifinalist, scholastic winner, national honors society, published biology research, plus a bunch of other ecs.</p>

<p>from Ohio deferred</p>

<p>GPA 3.7
ACT 30
12 APs/IBs
Varsity Soccer and lost of soccer volunteering
job as hostess in restaurant
Built houses in Mexico
3 years of Broadcasting classes…now sports anchor at school for live weekly show written and created by the kids, interviewed coach weekly radio segments, created advertising segment for summer Biology trip, created video packets for public television.
Great recs</p>

<p>I feel badly as I thought she would get in and encouraged applying here… :frowning: I know she still could, it’s just hard to wait. This is the first decision she has gotten.</p>

<p>When are the deferred kids given a “final answer”.</p>

<p>@kdos</p>

<p>When did you apply? I’m from Ohio too, and you just made me really, really worried, 'cause your stats are better than mine.</p>

<p>KDos</p>

<p>The fact that your daughter got even deferred is not so terrible. She has a great shot at still getting in. It means they want her if there is space. There are so many kids that apply and never even plan on going, not to mention OOS costs being so high. Hang in there, have her go for an interview, my D friend did last year and sold herself and got in. It was intense… but worth it. Is it her first choice?</p>

<p>Kudryavka - She applied on 10/31</p>

<p>Wiscobythelake - It is in her top 2/3 based on cost Probably Wisc, Maryland, OSU</p>

<p>yeah i really wanna see what NE looks like sent mine in oct 29 status is still “we have received your application…”</p>

<p>kdos, those are some pretty stats and some enviable rigor!!! Reminds us all that this is no science. Another day…another adcom…it’s anybody’d guess. Best wishes to her she’ll obviously do well anywhere!</p>

<p>Thanks IMAN…
I guess my question is concerned with the published ranges of for example ACT scores…middle 50% is 26-30. I am wondering if this range is true also for out of state students? Also, it looked like out here on CC that the kids that got in EA typically had very high scores. That I suppose is either because those kids are dra
wn to sites like this, or perhaps “early action” pulls in many higher level kids?</p>

<p>kdos, I am miffed!! I have no idea why your daughter was deferred given her great credentials!! Maybe this new admission director is pushing for extreme applicant pool. I know several students who were admitted last year who did not have as good stats as your daughter and one who was deferred with incredible grades etc. I bet she will get in but what a headache to have to wait. My son is still waiting to hear. It seems like such a crapshoot sometimes. I am not sure how much weight is put on the essays and they are so subjective. best of luck and keep us posted.</p>