Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>jilldmd - did your son send his AP report/scores to Madison?</p>

<p>no.
Guidance counselor is in disbelief!
more waiting</p>

<p>I started a thread with the link to information for people who have been postponed, though you are probably familiar with that situation (your daughter?). I read that of the people postponed (20% are postponed as an enrollment management tactic) half of them are subsequently offered admission.</p>

<p>Maybe it would help to have your son’s AP scores transmitted to UW to show rigor.</p>

<p>kudryavka: You probably explained on your application about your 34 ACT and 2.983 GPA? Plan to finish this semester strong so that your mid-year grades will help your case.</p>

<p>madtownman- my SOAR changed on saturday too and I have not heard anything yet either.</p>

<p>naviance stats from my D’s school are lower than my D’s stats. They did have someone attend from last year’s class although that person was an International student which I am sure helped. I figured coming from VT and asking no aid would help but I guess not with respect to the first go around. She is postponed as of this morning.</p>

<p>This is my theory: New admission director, new direction, down admission counselors, demand is good…why rush decisions when they know they have until March. I think they are weeding out the ones they know they won’t accept and postponing the OOS so they can take their time. Why not, if you can why wouldn’t you?</p>

<p>For OOS, North Carolina (UNC) and Texas (UT Austin) are tougher to get in. Is Wisconsin the same?</p>

<p>sent app in on 10/31 and from CT… anybody out there similar to that and have you heard back yet? i’m guessing i should find out soon, but you never know.</p>

<p>OK, I know I’m from Illinois, and probably more cynical than most based on our corrupt reputation, but I’d think a state school would rather take someone from out of state than in, if only to get way more money!
If there’s one thing I’m learning from reading these posts, is that there doesn’t even seem to be a good way of guessing. Makes me wish I’d looked over those essays a little more carefully before they were sent off into cyberspace!</p>

<p>My application status just changed this morning to “your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors.” however, my SOAR status has not changed. When should I be expecting a decision?</p>

<p>No need to worry, ourvan. Just read this and you will be feeling fine. I post this from another post this morning.
<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf[/url]”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a&gt;
This information is consistent with what we know about a few students admitted last year in our school. They were all deferred and then admitted at the end. The waiting is tough. I am in the same boat with similar stat…Still waiting…</p>

<p>My application status just changed this morning to “your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors.” however, my SOAR status has not changed. When should I be expecting a decision? </p>

<p>Same here. Based on the previous posts a few days ago, the decision is likely to come in two days.</p>

<p>decision comes 2 days after the SOAR status changes</p>

<p>“decision comes 2 days after the SOAR status changes”</p>

<p>not true. my SOAR status changed on saturday then changed back on sunday and then later on sunday it changed again and I still have not gotten a decision.</p>

<p>from NJ, status just changed this afternoon to “being reviewed by an admissions counselor”…making progress, i hope</p>

<p>From North Shore area in WI, SOAR status changed overnight to the “Not currently accepting reservations” message. Hoping to see a decision soon! I have had everything in since 9/23 and my counselor is Tom Reason.</p>

<p>@spitfire45 </p>

<p>When did you submit your application? I’m just curious since I’m from NJ as well. No change in status though :(</p>

<p>“Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin.”</p>

<p>I just checked the online portal for the first time in a week-and-a-half or so, so I can’t comment on when what changed to what. Honestly, I don’t remember it ever saying anything about being reviewed.</p>

<p>This was my first acceptance; albeit Wisconsin was more or less a safety.</p>

<p>“Your application is being reviewed by an admissions counselor.” Yes, something is happening!!! Hopefully something good :D</p>

<p>Just got accepted!
3.7 GPA
27 ACT
Illinois resident</p>