Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>My status just changed to “your application is being reviewed…”, finally some change!</p>

<p>@Madison85</p>

<p>Ya, I did. I figure that’s why they postponed me, too. They just want to see my senior year grades and make sure they don’t fall back down. Luckily, I’m sitting at a 3.85 so far my senior year, so this could actually help me. Thanks, though. I appreciate the concern.</p>

<p>from NJ, my status changed mid-day to “your application is being reviewed…” ahhh I want to know now!!</p>

<p>Congrats Madison11!</p>

<p>That makes me feel much better knowing that they are accepting some of us right away who didn’t get a 30 ACT or higher. :slight_smile: Were you in a lot of ECs? How competitive is your hs?</p>

<p>Status changed around midnight (CDT):</p>

<p>Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.</p>

<p>Wisconsin resident
31 ACT
3.97 UW GPA
6 AP classes, 3 honors classes
Submitted application 9/1/10, everything marked received 9/2/10
TEACH ME HOW TO BUCKY
Rank - Top 2%</p>

<p>Congrats Madison85 on your D’s acceptance. It was well deserved.</p>

<p>Congrats Madison85 on your D’s acceptance…Teach Me How To Bucky T-shirt being worn for the family Thanksgiving celebration? Thanks for being such an avid/helpful poster on this board.</p>

<p>What an awesome day to celebrate thanksgiving, Madison85 - a lot of hard work to get where you are today - congratulations!!</p>

<p>Wisc2015, I’m number 30 of 342 (top 8%). It was nice knowing that I didn’t have to have a humongous ACT score to get in. I took 7 AP classes.</p>

<p>Accepted
SAT: CR:650 Math:670 Writing:650
ACT:29
UW GPA: 3.77
7APs
From Pennsylvania</p>

<p>Accepted:
OOS(Ohio)
3.86 GPA
2370 SAT (800, 800, 770)
Many Other Activities</p>

<p>Happy Thanksgiving and congratulations to all who have been accepted last night!! Still anxiously waiting here in Bloomington, Minnesota…land of the cold today :)…BRRRR. Read the school has November 26th as a furlough day for all employees so I am assuming the admission counselors probably won’t be back until Monday.</p>

<p>Accepted:
Minnesota
3.78 GPA UW
33 ACT
Good EC’s, Recs
Applied 10/26 (Thanks for the quick turnaround!)</p>

<p>Last night my son learned of another reference letter that his community service mentor has written, and also received a letter from the State of Illinois designating him as a state scholar. Should he continue to send these kinds of things as supplements if his status is still showing that they’re making sure they have everything to evaluate? I noticed today that under his “meet your admissions counselor” contact it is now showing a vacant position, when last week it contained a name. Any advise would be welcomed, with thanks~</p>

<p>accepted!!
PA
3.4 gpa
30 ACT
many ec’s and AP/honors.</p>

<p>@ourvan
I don’t think the designation as Illinois State Scholar means much, because it is awarded based on things the college already knows—ACT, GPA, class rank.</p>

<p>And the fact that they give out 15000 of them probably waters down its merit.
When I received mine yesterday I was only relieved because I didn’t want to not get it. (double negative intended)</p>

<p>I also have a vacant spot for my admissions counselor, where it was a woman named Korevecs before.</p>

<p>Word is out there (spefically on this board) that she resigned.
The state of Illinois always gets shafted when it comes to Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Her twitter account confirmed on Nov. 8th that she resigned.</p>

<p>We could be waiting a while for our applications to be processed.</p>

<p>S accepted this morning. Soar message changed Tues. aft. Other message always read that materials were being reviewed to see if complete, never had a counselor reviewing message . Wisconsin resident. 32 ACT/4.0 gpa</p>

<p>Like Madison85, my status changed around midnight (CDT):</p>

<p>Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.</p>

<p>Wisconsin resident
34 ACT
4.0 UW GPA/4.5 W
Varsity Soccer Captain
National Merit Semifinalist
Submitted application 9/17/10, everything marked received 9/23/10.</p>

<p>I have been a Badger fan my whole life from the days of Duany Duany and Kirk Penny in basketball and the Great Dayne in football, and I have always wanted to go to UW. On Wisconsin!</p>

<p>BoOwnsIzzo: Your stats look great. Consider applying for L&S Honors program (see my other thread) and L&S Scholarships.</p>