Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Mine did too. From last years posts it looks as if a decision could be on-line in a few days!</p>

<p>My daughter’s application status has shown that message since early September (she applied September 1st).</p>

<p>I just submitted today, so it could be a while for me, but I’m really excited!!</p>

<p>^You guys are lucky, I don’t even have that status! I applied as a transfer, and my status has been “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.” since I applied, which was also September 1st. The wait is killing me!</p>

<p>Oops - I was wrong, she still has that original status, “we have received your application and are reviewing . . .”.</p>

<p>any idea when madison starts sending out decisions???, online they say that they’ve received everything from me such as my transcript, ACT, and application fee</p>

<p>Also, does the status checker acknowledge that they’ve received a letter of rec or do i have to call the admissions office to confirm???</p>

<p>Both those questions have been answered, refer to earlier posts on this thread…</p>

<p>I was accepted 3 days ago, applied sept 3rd. I also have special connections with the admissions office.</p>

<p>did you get accepted by mail or was it on the website?</p>

<p>*I was accepted 3 days ago, applied sept 3rd. I also have special connections with the admissions office. *</p>

<p>You were denied at Indiana but accepted at Wisconsin? How did THAT happen? Was it your “special connections”?</p>

<p>it was impossible for bunnyhopgirl to have applied on sept 3rd, UW-Madison didn’t even accept applications until the 15th.</p>

<p>Actually, they started “accepting” them on September 1st. They didn’t start reviewing them until September 15th or later.</p>

<p>the indiana board going nuts about her being able to get into Wisconsin and not In state Indiana (I was kinda with them) but this interesting turn of events makes me go “hmmmmmmmmm”</p>

<p>Heard today from a friend who heard that full scale review of apps won’t begin until November because the admissions counselors have been on the road quite a bit in Sept and Oct.</p>

<p>A few years ago my daughter applied to Wisconsin and heard around the first week of November. Ironically, I first knew she was in when we received a few direct mail brochures and emails from those freshman off-campus dorm alternatives-maybe 5 days before the online acceptance. Just a heads up</p>

<p>We did the UW-Madison tour on 10/29 with our D. We toured the SERF rec. center, did the admission information session & campus walking tour combo, then the 1 hour business school information session. During the admission information session, the presenter stated that the review process was going to start on Nov. 1 for the applications which were complete including receipt of grade transcripts and test scores. They are reviewing the entire Sept. 1 - Nov. 1 pool of applicants together with decisions coming within the Jan. 15 first notification period. If your status now says “your application is being reviewed by one of our admissions counselors” it means your application was completed by the Nov. 1 early notification deadline and you will be getting a decision by Jan. 15 or possibly sooner, else you will fall into the second notification period with decisions coming by March 15 assuming they receive everything by Feb. 1. The presenter stated that this new review process was a departure from the past six week rolling admission review process. Hope this helps those who are waiting for a decision.</p>

<p>I submitted my app Sept. 21, on the student center it shows they received my transcripts, application fee, and ACT score on September 23, but my status still says “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision.”</p>

<p>So does that mean that, since it doesnt say “your application is being reviewed by one of our admissions counselors,” I fall in the second notification period?</p>

<p>Does anyone else have the same thing in their student center (it shows they have received everything, yet the status says “we have received your application and are reviewing your file…”)?</p>

<p>BuckyBadger - you should be definitely be in the first notification period since you stated that your status shows receipt of the necessary items to make your application complete. The application under review message is your assurance that its complete. You will probably get this message in the next week or so.</p>

<p>Thanks fishnschool!</p>

<p>I’m going to be checking religiously all week lol. BUT someone told me that they only update Fridays at 12am??? Has anyone ever gotten an update not on a Saturday morning or sometime after Friday at 12am? I can’t remember if I have…</p>

<p>My status changed on a Tuesday</p>