Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Usually 2 days. Soar message changed on a Friday at 2 PM and notice was posted at midnight Saturday</p>

<p>Should I stay up til midnight tonight or Tomorrow, or both? ;)</p>

<p>AHH!!! MY SOAR STATUS CHANGED TODAY!!! to the “currently not accepting reservations for your admit term!” just have to wait till wednesday now to hear if it’s a postponement or an acceptance! hoping acceptance! :)</p>

<p>FINALLY-the last of my materials were received september 3rd and i JUST got the soar status today…</p>

<p>buckylover - Nice, hopefully it’s good news :slight_smile: Who is your admissions counselor?</p>

<p>I feel for you buckylover, that is a long time. wow. i’m only at the 2 month mark</p>

<p>Wait the Status Change means you Weren’t dennied?</p>

<p>SOAR Message Change*</p>

<p>The status change means you were either accepted or postponed NOT DENIED!</p>

<p>Yay! I can almost taste Golden Gopher meat! (Saying I can taste Badger meat sounds kind of bad, so I used Minnesota)</p>

<p>How do you know that when your SOAR status changes you won’t be denied? I’M SO NERVOUS! THANKS!</p>

<p>checked this morning, SOAR changed! really hoping for an acceptance… UW may not be my top choice, but it will lessen the sting of Penn’s rejection!</p>

<p>also, for other people in new england (Alec as counselor), i sent everything in on 10/31 so i figure that for our region, we are almost done</p>

<p>Postponed w/ the following stats:
Out-of-state
3.6UW GPA (upward trend)
33 ACT
Several AP/Honors (small school only offers a couple AP classes, took what was available)
Decent career-oriented EC’s</p>

<p>Accepted this morning.
From northern Illinois, applied to engineering.</p>

<p>31 ACT (30 Eng. 31 Math, 30 reading 33 Science)
3.62 weighted GPA (weighed down by freshman year)
9 APs
Straight As 2nd semester Jr. year</p>

<p>Very few extra curriculars. All I have are 4 years of football, 1 yr. german club, and NHS.</p>

<p>That sucks Defcon. You are more qualified.</p>

<p>congrats to UncannyCrayon! and good luck to those whose statuses have changed! waiting sucks. blach!</p>

<p>I have Emily as a counsler. I think she has parts of Wisconsin to do and is doing them first. just a theory.</p>

<p>MNBADGER2011: Regarding SOAR messages:</p>

<p>One of two messages appear on my.wisc.edu right under the Student Center block in the SOAR Registration block which indicates that a decision has been made (before the decision is evident to the applicant):</p>

<ol>
<li>When Denial or postponement is forthcoming:</li>
</ol>

<p>"You are not eligible to make a SOAR reservation. Questions about your application or admission status…</p>

<ol>
<li>The other message shows that a ‘Congratulations’ is on the way:<br></li>
</ol>

<p>“The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at [Center</a> for the First-Year Experience](<a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu%5DCenter”>http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu). If you believe you have received this message in error, please call SOAR Information at 608-262-4707 or e-mail your questions to <a href=“mailto:soar@studentlife.wisc.edu”>soar@studentlife.wisc.edu</a>.”</p>

<p>Received message this morning that son was accepted. Wisconsin resident.</p>

<p>Congrats BadgerLover!</p>

<p>SOAR status was “not accepting reservations for your admit term” for the past 3 weeks. Never received an admit decision and today the SOAR status went back to “still under review”. </p>

<p>Has this happened to anyone else? What does this mean?</p>

<p>Do you or if you are the parent, does your child have some time to call admissions to ask about the status changes?</p>

<p>[Contact</a> Us - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/contact.php]Contact”>Contact Us – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison)</p>

<p>CONTACT US</p>

<p>BY MAIL</p>

<p>Office of Admissions
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Armory & Gymnasium (Map)
716 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53706-1481</p>

<p>BY E-MAIL</p>

<p>Freshman: <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a>
Transfer: <a href=“mailto:transfer@admissions.wisc.edu”>transfer@admissions.wisc.edu</a>
International: <a href=“mailto:international@admissions.wisc.edu”>international@admissions.wisc.edu</a></p>

<p>BY PHONE</p>

<p>608-262-3961</p>

<p>BY FAX</p>

<p>608-262-7706</p>

<p>The agony of waiting is finally over for us and we feel extemely lucky to have our son admitted. Although, we know how hard he has worked to get this far - you just never know how the kids will make it through the admission decision process. When his SOAR status did change, it went to a “congratulations” in just a couple of days.</p>