Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>What the does “your app is still under review” SOAR status mean? Am I posponed? Defffered?</p>

<p>Neither - we had the same message for weeks. Application was complete as of 10/15 and we just heard today. Hang in there.</p>

<p>I think it changed though. It was: “your app. is under review… for admitted students only…” and now its “Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at <a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu…”>www.newstudent.wisc.edu…</a>” </p>

<p>that change means nothing? </p>

<p>phew!
the wait is just killing me! im so nervous i over analyzed “still” to mean that i was posponed!</p>

<p>my status changed as well to “Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at [Center</a> for the First-Year Experience](<a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu%5DCenter”>http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu). Questions about your admission status should be directed to the Office of Admissions at <a href=“mailto:onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu”>onwisconsin@admissions.wisc.edu</a>” so this means nothing?</p>

<p>This is all new to us as well. It may be best to try and contact your counselor directly to get an answer. Stay positive and good luck to you.</p>

<p>Just an FYI: My son’s SOAR message was the “good” one which is the second one Madison85 noted and he got postponed.</p>

<p>The same thing happened to me youngamerican</p>

<p>I have the same SOAR message that the application is still under review. It changed last night</p>

<p>judyjim: Ah - so it sounds like the ‘first’ message is outright denial and the second, more positive message is postponement or admission? Anyone else care to comment, to straighten this out?</p>

<p>Madison85- My son’s SOAR message changed AGAIN over this past hour. It now says the more negative one. So…Friday it was the positive one and he was posponed Saturday at Midnight and SOAR stayed the same until past hour. Confusing I guess.</p>

<p>Could it be that there are now three SOAR messages:

1. When Denial is forthcoming:</p>

<p>“You are not eligible to make a SOAR reservation. Questions about your application or admission status…”</p>

<ol>
<li>When Acceptance is coming: </li>
</ol>

<p>“The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term…” </p>

<ol>
<li>When you can expect a Postponement:</li>
</ol>

<p>"Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found… </p>

<p>Just a theory, but it never made sense that the same message was posted for both postponement and acceptance. What do you think?</p>

<p>rentuk and youngamerican same here</p>

<p>My son was postponed and his SOAR message was #2 “The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term…”</p>

<p>Today it changed to #3 “Your app for admission is still under review…”
This was several days after after he heard he was postponed.</p>

<p>I think that they have added a new message for those that are postponed (or about to be postponed) and your sons message has changed in arrears. If I’m right, then everyone who has been postponed should now have the message: “Your app for admission is still under review…”</p>

<p>I don’t think that “your app is still under review” means you’ll get postponed. It means they haven’t decided yet. judyjim’s son’s message switched back because being postponed, it’s still under review (again). I think #3 could be either. And it might change to #1 or #2 before you get your decision. And if that decision is postponement then it’ll go back to #3.
If that makes sense…</p>

<p>It’s like reading tea leaves! I’m looking for any clue. Your guess is as good as mine.</p>

<p>Has ANYONE with the new admissions counselor (Adele Brumfield) heard a decision yet? It’s realllllllly annoying that all my friends are getting into their early action/decision schools and I still haven’t heard back from my IN-STATE ROLLING school yet…
Heck, at this rate, I’m gonna hear from Michigan before Madison (and it’ll probably be a deferral -.-) and I already got deferred from my ED school.</p>

<p>How do you know which counselor you have? It just says its under review by a counselor</p>

<p>There’s a link on the admissions website: [Meet</a> Your Counselor](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/counselors/index.php]Meet”>Counselors and Advisors – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison). It might not be correct though, I know my school has the new person because she visited in the fall and told us that she would be reading our applications. So far, it looks like she hasn’t done anything close to that…</p>

<p>today my soar status changed to this:</p>

<p>“Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found…”</p>

<p>i went back a few pgs on this thread and it seems like just recently people started to receive this type of message…im still confused as to what it means but im just hoping i was accepted :)</p>