Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>“Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at…”</p>

<p>This is what mine says and this is most likely not postponement. We have NO proof that this means postponement.
In fact, I think all of you are completely over thinking this and need to relax and wait for your decision.</p>

<p>the “Your application for admission is still under review. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at…” message is most definitely not a postponement since my application isn’t even being reviewed yet; that would be unfortunate if they decide to postpone me without reviewing my app!</p>

<p>What is so ironic is that in the press release ([RELEASE:</a> Brumfield named admissions director](<a href=“http://www.news.wisc.edu/releases/16033]RELEASE:”>http://www.news.wisc.edu/releases/16033))
announcing the appointment of Adele Brumfield as the new Director of Admissions the following statement is made “To sum up her approach to admissions, Brumfield says she will emphasize an informative and compassionate approach toward prospective students and their families.” Someone needs to tell Ms. Brumfield that applicants should not be reduced to analyzing SOAR messages. There is no reason for the SOAR message changing before a decision in communicated to students. This is all craziness!</p>

<p>Mine is the same! It doesn’t include “SOAR is for admitted students only”. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?</p>

<p>My son’s was changed to the ‘postive’ #2 last week and now changed to the ‘ominous’ #3. Before that it was like #1.</p>

<p>Seems like no one has been accepted today and all seem to be getting the same #3. Maybe that is a postponement of sorts. I suspect they had done with this round of acceptances and are now postponing the rest until a later date? March? Just guessing.</p>

<p>They better not. If i get in anywhere else i am going to pick that over Wisc. I would love to go to Wisc, but i applied early with the purpose of hearing early. I cant stand waiting months to hear a decision and would rather put my mind at ease than wait until March.</p>

<p>Has anyone heard who has JENNIFER SANDRIDGE as their counselor?</p>

<p>@MNBADGER2011</p>

<p>I believe I had Jennifer. Submitted everything 10/27, got accepted 12/05. What part of MN are you from?</p>

<p>The website captures your IP address each time you log on and increments the number of log ons each time. After 100 times the message changes. After 150 times the message changes and the posting of a decision on your application is postponed for one week. Each subsequent 10 log ons delays decison one more week. After 300 times you are deemed neurotic, unstable and likely to flunk out if admitted and your application is rejected.</p>

<p>@mhc really? i called the admissions office and they said it didnt change until 200! AHH!</p>

<p>I am from Northwestern Minnesota. I applied 10/23/10 and was complete 10/26/10.</p>

<p>Just to be clear, you’re kidding right? lol</p>

<p>OMG OMG OMG!!! my application status changed!!!
it is now
“Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status.”
does anyone have any idea how long it will be until i get an answer?</p>

<p>thats a boldface lie</p>

<p>@Madisonjunkie</p>

<p>Could be awhile yet. When I applied it was 3 weeks from the time I got that message to when I found out. Then again, it could be pretty quick too I suppose, I have no idea if my case was unique in some way and thus not the norm.</p>

<p>I agree with soccerdude142. I know this is really important to everyone but there is way too much overanalyzing going on here.
mhc48: lol.</p>

<p>I am a student from northern New Jersey, I submitted my Wisco app on September 30th but my school’s guidance department can be incompetent at times and my transcript wasn’t received by UW until November 12th. I was accepted on December 2nd. I hope that helps!</p>

<p>thanks badger2012!</p>

<p>status just changed to “application is being reviewed by one of our admissions counselors!” hoping a decision comes soon!</p>

<p>IMPORTANT INFO:
SOAR status just changed to “The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term.” sometime this afternoon.
MY PREVIOUS STATUS WAS “Your application for admission is still under review.”
Regarding that, the “still…” status does not mean you have been postponed or rejected assuming my new updated status means I am accepted.</p>