Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Ebenson, is your 3.8 weighted or unweighted?</p>

<p>unweighted</p>

<p>Well, my son got into U of I–that’s good news!</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!!
AHHHHH!!! BEST DAY EVER!!! and so worth the wait!!!</p>

<p>Here’s my info:</p>

<p>I applied Nov 1
It registered on the Student Center Website that they had my transcript (last thing) Nov 11
Five weeks later my status changed to ‘admissions counselor is looking at your transcript’
two days later My SOAR status changed
two days later, ACCEPTED!!</p>

<p>3.8 UW GPA
2070 SATs
lots of really good extracurriculars
one pretty good essay and one really good
4 AP classes junior year, 3 tests (one 4 two 5s)
2 more AP classes this year
top 20% of class</p>

<p>i live in Pittsburgh, Emily was my counselor.</p>

<p>My daughter woke me up at midnight last night to tell me she was accepted!
She also got into U of I yesterday, so it was very exciting.
3.94 UW GPA
35 ACT
2 APs last year, 5 this year
top 5% of class, suburban Chicago school
Soar status changed two days ago but it never said “being reviewed by counselor”
Applied 10/30</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Congratulations to everyone getting accepted! I can’t wait to get my decision!</p>

<p>Any way to help with the suspense?!? Haha it kills me… the amount of times I check “my.wisc” is unreal :(</p>

<p>On average of 3 times a day since Nov 1st. yes, a lot of time spent on tracking this…</p>

<p>D accepted to U of Michigan yesterday! Still waiting for Wisconsin…
But this makes the wait a little less stressful, as Michigan is a great 2nd choice.</p>

<p>On the Madison Admissions site it says that there is no admissions counselor for my area (suburban Chicago). I applied late October and haven’t ever had my status change. Am I totally screwed to find out by January 15? How long did it take for you guys to find out? And what happens if I have no admissions counselor?</p>

<p>Has anyone gotten the response “Check back here for information about the SOAR Program after you have received notification of admission” on your SOAR registration box? If so, were you accepted, denied, or deferred? </p>

<p>The status changed from “still being reviewed” to “Check back here for information about the SOAR Program after you have received notification of admission” about 3 days ago and i still haven’t gotten anything in the mail. Any comments? Thanks!</p>

<p>Accepted from Boston!!!</p>

<p>Engineering
3.53 UW GPA
32 ACT
2 season per year athlete
Eagle Scout
Staff of Award winning yearbook
9 honors
5 AP’s
NHS</p>

<p>Will be attending UWisc next fall!</p>

<p>Congrats cenos11 ! Be sure to apply for Engineering scholarships:</p>

<p>[Scholarships</a> available to engineering students](<a href=“http://studentservices.engr.wisc.edu/money/scholarships/]Scholarships”>http://studentservices.engr.wisc.edu/money/scholarships/)</p>

<p>We sent them an email regarding this and were assured that other counselors were reviewing applications and that this situation wouldn’t affect the January 15 deadline–my guess is that the poor slobs in suburban Chicago won’t find out very much before January 15, though.</p>

<p>BTW, is anything updated on the weekends?</p>

<p>Has anyone been waiuting 3+ months?</p>

<p>Hi guys, I’ve been creeping on this feed for awhile because I’m a Mad-town psycho like you guys. I sent my info in on Oct 31 and online it said everything arrived by like Nov 3. I freaked and emailed them and they said i would be in the first notification period. For weeks on end, my thinger online said it was “UNDER REVIEW”. Seriously almost lost my mind. I got all worried and saw on this thread that people were getting postponed with these BOSS grades and i was totally flipping out. About five or so days ago my status changed to “looked at by counselor” (or whatever). I went to the doc and found out i had mono so i was out of school for the rest of the week… so i basically checked my online status about every 4 hours. Two says ago the SOAR message changed to the thing about the “not accepting applications for your admit term” and viola! Two days later, this very night at midnight… I checked my status and was ridiculously overjoyed to see i had been accepted.</p>

<p>DO NOT GET ME WRONG, i am not rubbing it in. I just know people are freaking out about new being qualified enough to get in. MY SCORES?</p>

<p>IN-STATE GAL (;
GPA: 3.57 WEIGHTED (ouch, i know huh? )
ACT: 28 (took it THREE times to get this)
AP: 1 last year, 2 this year.
I’m also taking half days to take a psych course at a community college… (barely even a class…)
3 letters of recommendations. Physics, AP Psych, and junior year accel english teacher.
as for EC’s: I work two jobs, did Irish dance for 10 years and taught it, NHS, and some other junk</p>

<p>I just want people to look at my GPA and act and know that you can calm down because if I’VE been accepted, you guys can too! (((((((: Hopefully now some of you can get some sleep, because i know after seeing people on here with a 4.0 UW GPA and 35 on their ACT, I COULD NOT! You and your kids can do it!</p>

<p>SEE YOU GUYS GETTING YOUR BUCKY ON AT MADISON! :D</p>

<p>My daughter applied in September. Her status has been “being reviewed by a counselor” for at least 4 weeks. </p>

<p>Several years ago my older daughter’s application, (in-state national merit semi-finalist) was complete in October but she wasn’t notified until mid January. She was postponed and ultimately rejected. She had nothing negative in her application or school records.</p>

<p>However, out-of-state residents with much lower stats are getting acceptances within weeks of applying. I can see taking an out-of-state applicant above an in-state if they have much better stats, but for a public institution to reject an in-state applicant while accepting lower-qualified out-of-state ones is wrong.</p>

<p>Nice to know my lifetime of Wisconsin tax dollars are being wasted so effectively. Madison’s admissions office is a joke.</p>

<p>NickDanger, that’s not the way it works. The school gets a tax break for every in-state student it accepts, so they prefer them. It is easier to get in as an in-state student. My guess would be that it came down to the essays. Bad essays are often a reason for rejection.</p>

<p>MiraclesHppn, congratulations!!! I’ll see you at Madison next year!</p>

<p>Madisonjunkie, your comment about tax breaks for a public institution shows a misunderstanding about college (and public) financing. Her 780 on the writing section of the SAT disproves your essay hypothesis.</p>

<p>The writing section isn’t just an essay, that’s just half of it…</p>