Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>deferred.</p>

<p>29 ACT
3.5 UW gpa
great essays
good ec’s
tons of community service</p>

<p>really bummin out…</p>

<p>nelsokel02: “You are not eligible to make a SOAR reservation …” does NOT mean denial is coming soon. Many students/parents on this thread have posted that they saw this message less than 48 hours before the status changed to “Congratulatons” (including me).</p>

<p>postponed</p>

<p>29 act
10 ap classes
the most community service hours in my school</p>

<p>it sucks finding out after waiting so long to hear back</p>

<p>Club track gives you the option of putting academics first- you get to run as much but don’t have the pressure of needing to make the team or make all practices. Some meets include more divisions- such as the Minnesota one. UW CC and track are national tops so you wouldn’t make that team…</p>

<p>Postponements: how are you guys staying up beat?</p>

<p>about how many postponed applicants actually get accepted?</p>

<p>@wis75, really? that’s good to know! everyone at my school who has been denied got that SOAR message so I just assumed that “you are not eligible…” means denial is coming.</p>

<p>@rentuck2927 if you don’t mind me asking…what is your gpa? I also have a 29, tons of AP/honors, and lots of community service so I feel like I’ll also get postponed :confused: i have a 3.6 which is extremely borderline, especially this year.</p>

<p>It’s hard to stay optimistic. I was so disappointed when I found out I was postponed.
My uw GPA is 4.0 w GPA is 4.3 29ACT Lots of honors, two AP’s this year. Tons of EC, good essays, great recs. I think the thing that bothers me is that my high school really stressed being involved with many things . … sports, clubs, volunteering etc. That’s why I chose not to take alot of AP’s so I would have the time. But now, I think I’m paying the price.</p>

<p>@MaryDay, I think you getting postponed is a travisty. You find for sure get in after this semester!!!</p>

<p>Yes. It is hard to believe. With 4.0 UW GPA and 29 ACT…The admission process is difficult to understand and predict.</p>

<p>nelsokel02: I have a 4.07 w gpa. I am also from Texas.</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Everything submitted by October 31st. They initially lost my transcripts and told me I would hear back in the second notification period, so I’m really excited to hear now.</p>

<p>In-state (southeastern WI)
3.9 UW, 4.7 W GPA
34 ACT
2200 SAT
Decent extracurriculars
Good essays
1 very good recommendation</p>

<p>accepted</p>

<p>gpa: 3.79 uw 4.38 w (this all the hardest classes–straight up full-AP’s for the past 2 years)
act: 34
ecs: medium-esque extracurriculars, leader of 2, tons of community service
1 amazing rec, 1 ok rec.
good, not amazing, essays</p>

<p>Track record: 4/5
Northwestern: no
UIUC: yes
Purdue: yes
Umich: yes
Uw madison: yes</p>

<p>Edit: OOS student (Illinois), Magnet public HS ranked 101st place nationally.</p>

<p>Accepted!!!</p>

<p>so excited!</p>

<p>I applied late october, but Wisconsin still said that ‘We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.’</p>

<p>My brother applied very late october, but he got decision which is postponed…</p>

<p>There are only few days remaining to review priority application… (Noticification date: Jan.15)</p>

<p>If they do not have enough time to review my application, they just cut me? or do i receive decision after jan.15?</p>

<p>I am so nervous now…</p>

<p>Can you guys have any idea???</p>

<p>Patience is required here…</p>

<p>@ddung5425
I am in the very same situation. Call them, email them, fax them… I emailed them and told them that they should have received everything they need from me. They assured me that my application is complete, yet I still have the same message as yours.</p>

<p>I emailed them again and the same thing. They keep reassuring me. There seems to be a problem with their system and they are looking into it right now.</p>

<p>My status was “we have recieved your application…” until I got accepted. There was never anything else. Don’t worry about it, just look for the SOAR message.</p>

<p>My status changed to “we are not currently accepting reservations” for the SOAR status and almost exactly 2 days later, I received acceptance status and I was kinda borderline.
Submitted October 29th
GPA 3.8 uw 3.85 w
1840 SAT
strong ec’s and essay with ok rec’s
counselor=Sherri Lunde
Good luck to everyone still waiting or deferred, just be patient, it will come soon!</p>