Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Mail packet received one day after the status was updated online. The packet has an enrollment confirmation form, some basic admissions information, and a sequence of events checklist of what to expect from this point on.</p>

<p>I have been looking at this thread since November, and it has had me anxiously waiting. My SOAR status changed yesterday, and today I got accepted.</p>

<p>I am an international applicant and I applied on December 7th. When should I expect a decision?</p>

<p>By March 15th.</p>

<p>Is it a definite date or is it possible for me to hear from them sooner? For some reason, I can’t be sure if they are still doing rolling admissions.</p>

<p>Still rolling admissions. You are but one of literally tens of thousands who applied. Still a few weeks for others to apply. Patience is required. Takes time to evaluate all of the applications. With rolling admissions they release decisions as they make them, not everyone is waiting until some magical March date.</p>

<p>Latest blog post from freshman admission counselor Jenny:</p>

<p>[Wisconsin</a> Blogs - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2011/01/12/fyi-no-admissions-interviews/]Wisconsin”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/blogs/2011/01/12/fyi-no-admissions-interviews/)</p>

<p>Accepted! Finally found out after a very long wait.</p>

<p>In-state
3.79 GPA (UW)
29 ACT
Decent EC’s</p>

<p>Accepted
Out of State
3.89 UW, 4.35 W
2280 SAT
Poor EC’s</p>

<p>Am I the only one who still hasn’t heard? My file has been complete since October 5th! I’m getting pretty discouraged. My admission counselor is Bobbi Jean St. Arnauld. Are they saving rejections for last?</p>

<p>Postponed
70/100 (4/5) GPA
Highly rigorous curriculum (Turkish national diploma + IB)
1970 SAT (1390/1600) one sitting
730 SATII MathI
650 SATII MathII
Good recommendations
Lots of national and international project competitions and awards
One patent</p>

<p>Well, they are selective. :)</p>

<p>No news is not bad news- a clear rejection would have been sent soon after initial review. Jan 15th is yet to come. Be thankful they initiated the policy for early apps- it could be 2 more months before any word otherwise.</p>

<p>Accepted
Out of State (Illinois)
Pre-Pharm
Dont really know UW, 4.61 W
ACT: 30
Great essay
Great recs (I hope)
Great EC’s
Lots of APs (will be 11 by end of this year)</p>

<p>Really want to go!! If I get a scholarship, will be 100% attending</p>

<p>about how long did it take for you guys to hear back after you applied? I applied around december 16th, any idea when i’ll hear back?</p>

<p>If you applied by Nov. 1, UW commits to give you an accept/postpone/reject answer by Jan. 15. If you applied after Nov. 1, UW commits to give an answer by March 15. There are rolling admissions, though, so it’s possible you could hear back sooner than that.</p>

<p>Who else is still waiting? I’m getting worried…tomorrow is the deadline and my SOAR message hasn’t even changed yet.</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter today!</p>

<p>Out of State (Illinois)
Undecided
3.8 UW
ACT: 27
4 APs
Lots of honors classes</p>

<p>Congratz to all who got in!</p>

<p>sorry, i meant saturday is the deadline.</p>

<p>Got my app in right before the nov.1st deadline, and I’m still waiting too.
My SOAR status just changed today to “The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term.”</p>

<p>Mine is still ‘we have received your application… something’
Noticification date is saturday… but they didnt even review my application…
What happen to my application?</p>