Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Please note that ‘Notification Date’ isn’t by Saturday, January 15th for the first period. Rather, decision date is by Saturday, January 15th. It can take several more days after Saturday for the notification to be updated to my.wisc.edu and for the letter to be mailed.</p>

<p>From the admissions website, for applicants whose materials were postmarked by November 1st:</p>

<p>“Admission decisions for these students will be made on or by January 15, and decision letters will be mailed immediately thereafter.”</p>

<p>Just got my acceptance (online) – didn’t expect to have a decision today because one part of my app was late, so this is a great surprise.</p>

<p>Out of state (New Jersey)
3.6 UW GPA
2260 SATs</p>

<p>Congrats/good luck to everyone!!</p>

<p>do they send email or should I check SOAR to see my status?
does anyone know??
I’m getting nervous. Is it true that they are saving rejects for the last time??
UGHHH the waiting is killing me!!</p>

<p>You should check it from your myUW account.</p>

<p>just checked my status - i’m in!</p>

<p>GPA: 4.04 weighted
ACT: 29
SAT: 1970
I have also gotten into UMich.</p>

<p>Congrats, everyone!</p>

<p>Congrats xojvb26. I am jealous of you for both UMich and UWisc. :slight_smile: Give me one. :D</p>

<p>still waiting…</p>

<p>Hey guys, my status still says “under review” - if you applied before the deadline, they said they’d have a decision by now.</p>

<p>I’m getting worried. Is anyone else in the same boat?</p>

<p>ETA: Oh, I just skimmed the thread. I guess I have a few more days…</p>

<p>Hey, guys if you got accepted how do you find out? Where on MyUW does it say it? Do you go to “Student Center”? What’s the Soar Registration supposed to say?</p>

<p>Yeah, you go to “Student Center” and in the little box it will say either that your application is under review or that you’ve been accepted/whatever.</p>

<p>And for those that haven’t received a decision – are you positive that not just your application, but all materials, were received by the deadline? Apparently if your transcript or scores or something isn’t in on time, your decision might be delayed.</p>

<p>@reginaphalange I’ve considered that, but I was told if it wasn’t in by Nov. 1st, then they wouldn’t even have looked at it yet. Since mine is listed as ‘under review’, I’m hoping this means that everything is where it needs to be. They were supposed to finish those decisions today, so hopefully it will happen tomorrow when I check.</p>

<p>Congrats again to all the accepteds…:)</p>

<p>Deffered…</p>

<p>31 ACT, 3.7 GPA</p>

<p>See you all RD, I guess.</p>

<p>my soar message still hasn’t changed. anybody in the same situation?</p>

<p>I got my decision (postponement) without my SOAR message changing.</p>

<p>Accepted
pharmacology & toxicology
international (HS in WI though)
1990 SAT
30 ACT
800s on SAT II math L2 & chem
3.9 UW
IB diploma candidate, no AP
decent ECs (lots of em are art-related) and recommendation letters</p>

<p>first college acceptance! :)</p>

<p>It’s been 2 days since the deadline and I still haven’t heard! Anybody else?</p>

<p>posponed with a 32 on the act and a 3.5 out of 4 gpa…kinda suprised as I thought that I would get in right away…any thoughts on this??</p>

<p>raooo23, there have been a lot of surprising postponements this year.</p>

<p>was just going through messages on our machine and apparently wisco called me over a month ago congratulating me and asking if i had any questions…seems like something id wanna know, right dad? smh…</p>

<p>^ LOL gotta love parents. They’ll never forget to tell you that some random relative you’ve never met left a message for you, but won’t bother telling you that you got into college – definitely sounds like something mine would do.</p>