Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>In my dream last night, I receive an email from UW, stating that I was accepted because of my mid-year report. I was really happy for a moment but afterwards, I realized that the email was really short and lacked officiality. The email was like this:</p>

<p>"After seeing your mid-year report, I decided to accept you. Welcome!</p>

<p>The Provost
[SIGNATURE]"</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Not…</p>

<p>Postponed students: what are you senior classes/grades?</p>

<p>Anyone not sending in mid year grades?</p>

<p>spanish - A, evolution & genetics (H) - A, anatomy & physiology I - A, probability & statistics (for college credit) - A-, advanced prose writing - A, physics - A-</p>

<p>I’m definitely sending my midyear grades because they show improvement. I’m also going to be soliciting another teacher and my employer to write me a few more recs. I have a meeting with my guidance counselor on Wednesday to see if there’s anything we can do to make me more likely to be accepted.</p>

<p>I want my acceptance already :(</p>

<p>@MNBADGER2011</p>

<p>Calculus: A
Government: A
Human Anatomy: A-
Spanish IV: A
Acc. English 12: A-</p>

<p>I’m hoping my mid year grades help me. I had a 34 ACT and 2.98 GPA, so my grades were certainly the reason I was deferred.</p>

<p>My country’s grading system is out of hundred and even 70 is a good grade, so I will just post my courses not to confuse anyone.</p>

<p>IB Mathematics HL
IB Physics HL
IB A2 English HL
IB Biology SL
IB Chemistry SL
IB Turkish Linguistics and Literature SL
IB Theory of Knowledge
History of Turkish Revolution
Geometry
Philosophy</p>

<p>Just got the “all materials received” message this past Friday, I’m hoping I get a quick decision since I’ve also been waiting for a LONG time (different time frame than freshmen though)…</p>

<p>Spanish 5 (pretty much equivalent to an AP) - A
AP English - A-
Physics Honors - A-
Pottery - A
AP Psychology - A
AP Biology - A
Precalculus Honors - B+</p>

<p>unweighted 1st semester GPA - 3.81
I had a 3.6 UW and a 29 when I applied so that kinda puts me in the middle of the postponed applicant pool…I’m beyond nervous! March 15 is way too far away. </p>

<p>What were all of your GPA’s/test scores when you were postponed?</p>

<p>Son just received acceptance letter today.
Wondering about chances for out of state merit scholarship (2350 SAT, 4.2 weighted GPA with 4 or 5 AP classes, dual-enrolled at U of Minnesota Twin-Cities for senior year).</p>

<p>Last year, 1,200 incoming freshman applied for the College of Letters & Science scholarships (one common application - deadline is February 11th). Of the 40 scholarships offered, only 5 are for non-Wisconsin residents.</p>

<p>I called UW today and I was told that they’ve received my mid-year transcript and my counselor’s new recommendation. They are fast. :)</p>

<p>CALS and Engineering seem to have more money. My brother got a half-ride OOS for engineering under a minority recruitment scholarship.</p>

<p>my status changed yesterday to my application is being reviewed, about how long until i receive a decision?</p>

<p>I would also like to know hartown because a couple of days ago I too received that status and am curious to when it’ll update.</p>

<p>ACCEPTED!!!</p>

<p>In-State
Male
Asian
3.92 UW GPA with 9 AP Courses and 1 college course
35 ACT</p>

<p>when did you apply?</p>

<p>I applied in early January, a little less than a month ago. I’m impressed at how fast they were able to get a decision back out to me.</p>

<p>Very Good Stats. Is Madison your first choice?</p>