Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Does anyone know the stats of anyone who was Denied? What about postponed?</p>

<p>Hmm, I was postponed, and I seem to have lost my password for the site. Brilliant. Guess I’m waiting till I get something in the mail to see my decision. I could probably call them up and get it sorted out, but Madison has fallen quite a bit on my list.</p>

<p>@MNBADGER2011
I was postponed with a 34 ACT and 3.0 GPA.</p>

<p>Anybody know when they inform of financial aid or scholarships?</p>

<p>@ kudryavka. Wow good stats. What were your first semester grades?</p>

<p>Today, I checked online and my soar changed to:You are unable to make a reservation at this time because your admission’s record is incomplete. Freshmen must submit their enrollment deposit and transfer students/international students must submit their enrollment confirmation form to admissions to be eligible to make a SOAR reservation. At this time you have not completed this required step…what could this mean? (I’m an OOS international student!)</p>

<p>For those asking if any postponed have heard a decision yet, nobody has and no one most likely will until late this month. On a blog by Karen last year, no decisions for postponed applicants were released until March 10th, so I wouldn’t start constantly checking statuses online quite yet!</p>

<p>But, I have a question that someone on here might know… Has anyone personally contacted a counselor that said when the final review for postponed applicants will take place? I know, I’m going crazy!</p>

<p>I am relatively confident postponed students start review after the 2nd wave of applications are gone through.</p>

<p>well at least, thats how cu boulder and northeastern are.</p>

<p>Via e-mail, my counselor did say that they will be reviewing the postponed students later this month and decisions will be made no later than March 15th.</p>

<p>I’ve been waiting since November, it’s horrible not knowing.</p>

<p>Sure you want to go to school in enemy territory? Ha ha. I graduated from UW-Madison a Bears fan (originally from Chicago) but now that I live in WI with my family I tend to lean green and gold.</p>

<p>I checked today and was accepted!!! Ecstatic!</p>

<p>CONGRATS!!! @swirllambm
When did you apply? What were your stats??</p>

<p>@mnbadger Well, I’m an OOS international so I don’t think my stats are any help to you (unless you’re one too)! But if you want to know I’ll send you a pm.</p>

<p>@MNBADGER2011

Sorry about the slow reply.</p>

<p>~3.8 GPA my first semester this year. My stats aren’t actually that good, though. A 34 ACT helps, but a 3.0 is abysmal at UW-Madison, and when test scores and GPA are compared, GPA is usually more important.</p>

<p>With all of these postponement and rejections, I think I can safely say I will be rejected. Kind of sucks, I really wanted to go to UW. Being out of state probably wont help either. Oh well :(</p>

<p>Can I ask does this mean I’m accepted:</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten any letters or email yet (probably cos I’m intl student, so the mailing takes longer), however I received a email ytd from <a href="mailto:info@thestatesider.com">info@thestatesider.com</a> and the first line was like “Congratulations On Your Admission To UW-Madison!” then goes on to talk about the resident halls and how i need to reserve my room for fall 2011 now. O.o the irritating thing is I have some problems with my UW portal thingy, so I can’t check my status, and due to timing differences, it’s hard for me to call UW.</p>

<p>So can someone tell me does this mean I’m accepted? Or did like everyone get this email?</p>

<p>Thanks so much :))</p>

<p>It’s interesting how the private dorm heard about your acceptance before you. I have no first-hand information on your issue but I am quite sure you are accepted.</p>

<p>Congrats.</p>

<p>I got that same email before I received my actual admission letter. You’re in, mail’s just lagging.</p>

<p>Do you guys think I have good enough 1st semester senior grades to be accepted?</p>

<p>CITS=College In The Schools</p>

<p>Drama as Literature - B
CITS Honors Chemistry - B
Student Government - A
CITS Honors American Government - A
CITS Honors Spanish 5 - A
CITS AP Calculus - A
GPA - 3.636</p>

<p>@OMGMIT and Godot00</p>

<p>Yep, I just got my acceptance letter in postal mail today. Thanks for replying anw :))</p>

<p>Btw, one more question, Are we actually automatically considered for scholarships during admission? I didn’t receive any scholarship information in my mail, does that mean I have not qualified for any?</p>