Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Yuewan, Please go to teh UW web site and search for scholarship information. You need to apply. It is not granted without application for them…</p>

<p>I sent them an email asking them when I will receive my final decision. I’ve been told that there is no definate time for internationals.</p>

<p>The application deadline for College of Letters & Science scholarships has already passed.</p>

<p>Not sure about engineering or other areas.</p>

<p>Yay! My postponed application is under review. :)</p>

<p>@OMGMIT:</p>

<p>How do you know? What does it say on your application status?</p>

<p>It still says that I am postponed but I called them and asked about my status. First, they told me that it was complete but they may not be reviewing it because late applications will be considered if there still is empty places after all applications are reviewed. </p>

<p>I explained them that I am not a late applicant and I quoted from their website about the equal and complete consideration for applications that were submitted before February 1st. She checked some details of my application and then told me that it is being reviewed right now.</p>

<p>Omgmit, so do you they they had their annual “meeting” saying go ahead and admit the most deserving x% of postponed applicants? Or do you think the review hasn’t begun quite yet? I heard end of February, but it seems really early, at least compared to last year.</p>

<p>I am nervous that UW-Madison won’t read my app. My school sent out a fee waiver mid December that still hasn’t been processed yet according to the Student Center. That’s the only thing that’s missing from my app. Anyone else having similar problems?</p>

<p>Accepted this morning!
In state, all application materials received 12/03/10.
UW: 3.5435
ACT: 31 (32,29,32,29)
SAT: 2120 (670,710,740)
910 service learning hours on record
Multiple leadership positions in music, theatre, FBLA, extensive community involvement, etc. 4 APs (US, Physics, Calc, Chem).</p>

<p>SOAR Status changed to the following within 48 hours of acceptance:

</p>

<p>Maxs77… My stats are similar to yours, I just have only 2 APs. Hope that means I’ll hear a “yes” soon. Congrats!</p>

<p>MaxS77, we’re you postponed first? Congrats!</p>

<p>@cclucky14
I think they started reviewing postponed applicants or they are doing it as they go through the regular applicants because I’ve been told that my app is under review.</p>

<p>Any news is great news at this point. Although, I hope it goes both of our ways. By the way, do you know if the web site will be updated for postponed students or if you find out by snail mail and only the SOAR status eventually gets updated online? Good luck. Keep us posted.</p>

<p>I don’t see any reason for decisions not to be posted online. However, even though your postponed application is under review, you will not get an “under review” status. I am quite sure of this because I asked it on the phone.</p>

<p>

Thanks! Nope, they just took their sweet time in making a decision.</p>

<p>Omgmit, I emailed this morning. All postponed applicants right now are technically “under review” at this point. They told me postponed review will begin at the end of this month. And ALSO… Yes, postponed decisions are in fact put online. However, they try to get the actual letter to you before the status changes online.</p>

<p>Hi everyone, </p>

<p>I toured UW again this morning and talked with an admissions counselor (not mine) after she had done doing the presentation. She told me that they would be reviewing postponements the second week in February. Have any of you heard of people not getting housing because they were decided on late?</p>

<p>Second week in February?? And 95% of all students (including postponed) recieve a housing contract within a couple weeks of admission. I freaked out about that for a while too, but their website says postponed applicants will most likely get one.</p>

<p>Second week in February??? Don’t you mean March? The second week in February was almost 2 weeks ago.</p>

<p>I meant march I’m sorry.</p>