Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>We’ll all know within the next 20 days, probably sooner. We can do it :)</p>

<p>:) thank God I can’t wait any longer. I just am scared that I won’t get in. :(</p>

<p>Mnbadger what were your stats again?</p>

<p>Here are my stats that they originally saw:</p>

<ul>
<li>Unweighted GPA: 3.343</li>
<li>ACT: 30 </li>
<li>Upward grade trend especially junior year</li>
<li>I have ADHD (Attention Defecit Hyperactive Disorder). My sophomore year I struggled a lot with school because I was going on and off medications with bad side effects. The decision my parents, my doctor, and I made was to completely take me off medications which was a huge struggle. Needless to say, my grades suffered a lot my sophomore year. During my junior year, I increased my grades from a 3.0 to a 4.0 with 1/2 college classes and I received a 28 on my first ACT test and a 30 on my second ACT test (English and Math-27, Reading-30, and Science-36. My “superscore” is a 31 even though I know Madison doesn’t superscore.</li>
<li>I wrote really good essays, one about my struggles with ADHD, 1 about my passion for politics and how I want to stay active @ Madison</li>
<li>A TON OF EXTRACURRICULARS (about 16-20 including meaningful leadership spots like Treasurer and President of two different organizations)</li>
<li>2 letters of recommendation from teachers, 1 was good, the other was AMAZING</li>
</ul>

<p>Postponed: 12/26/10</p>

<ul>
<li>Sent 2 more recommendations, 1 from my counselor who knows how much this means to me (I’m in his office 2 times EVERY week), and 1 from a boss when I did a 6 month political campaign internship </li>
<li>GPA 1st Semester Senior Year (Unweighted): 3.636</li>
<li>Classes were:
(CITS = College In The Schools)
Drama and Literature American Perspectives - B
CITS Honors Chemistry - B
CITS Honors Spanish V - A
CITS Honors American Government - A
CITS AP Calculus - A
Student Government - A</li>
<li>I also sent a letter to my admissions counselor explaining how much I want to attend UW and how I am a good match, it was very humble not boastful or saying “you better accept me”, it actually made one of my friends cry when she read it</li>
</ul>

<p>It’s tough to guess who out of all the postponed are going to get accepted. Every postponed student has their weakness, so I have no idea how they are going to pick… I know that I am worried right now, but I’m staying positive!</p>

<p>Oh & just because I’m curious… How do they word it on the student center if you get denied? … Haha I just want to know.</p>

<p>My nephew applied 11/19 but they didn’t receive his “official” ACT scores until 12/10 - his high school sent them with his transcripts on 11/25. He is going crazy because his status hasn’t changed at all from “your application is being reviewed by one of our admissions counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status”. His GPA is 3.4 and his ACT was 29. I know he takes all honors classes and around 5 AP courses. He’s an Eagle Scout. He sent a message to his counselor Jennifer Sandridge about a week ago, but has not heard back from her. Do they wait until this second round of acceptances (March 15th) for applicants who applied in November?</p>

<p>Luvminnesota, he most likely fell into to the “postponed” pile, considering the fact that he applied so long ago. Also, his stats are pretty typical of this year’s postponed group. Jennifer Sandridge may not be answering back because she works part time… Only Tuesday and Wednesday. At this point, he’ll hear back within the next three weeks no matter what, so I wouldn’t stress out too much about contacting her.</p>

<p>He’s not in the ‘postponed group’. He applied after November 1st so he is in the second notification period group and a decision will be made by March 15th. It can take several days after that date for the decision to be posted to the student center account/mailed to the applicant. Good Luck for your nephew!</p>

<p>Thank you! I know he didn’t receive a “postponed” letter or notification. He’s trying to convince himself that because the ACT scores didn’t come in until 12/10 and he didn’t submit until 11/19 that he’s going to be stuck in the March 15th wave. Some of his classmates have heard though and so he’s constantly throwing the “what if” situations my way. I will let him know I’m getting some positive feedback from this website. Thank you for your posts.</p>

<p>cclucky14: what are your stats?</p>

<p>Hey sorry for the delay, but I got accepted on Feb 23rd (yesterday). I sent my app and everything on December 21st but all the materials finally got there on January 6th.</p>

<p>hopefully i’ll hear back soon then!
the randomness of when an application is viewed both benefited me/has made my wait so long.</p>

<p>Everything sent in/received by 12/17. I like though that I had enough time to send in my mid year report before a decision was made.</p>

<p>Perhaps tomorrow would be a good time, eh?</p>

<p>cclucky14: what are your stats?</p>

<p>Good luck to all of you who are applying to UW-Madison. </p>

<p>UW-Madison is one of the top school in the nation and world class university. </p>

<p>I am UW-Madison alumni, class of 1981.</p>

<p>The timing of answers is not random, it is not “first come, first served”. Some applicants are very clear admits or rejections- the rest need to be compared to others. Some strong candidates needed to wait to see how many stronger applicants applied by the deadline. As final decisions are made they will send them out- that’s why it is rolling admissions. They do realize how important it is to each one of you- and the thousands of others waiting.</p>

<p>When did international applicants receive their decisions? I still don’t have mine, and I applied way back in December (though I think my status changed to complete during mid-January).</p>

<p>Oh and where do I find decisions? My Wisc account? Or email?</p>

<p>Kaitlin01 I’m also awaiting their answer. </p>

<p>If you want to find out about your application’s status, go here : <a href=“University of Wisconsin-Madison Login”>University of Wisconsin-Madison Login;

<p>Then go to the “Student Services” tab, then click on the “Student Center” link. It will open you a new window where you’ll be able to see your application’s status.</p>

<p>Tim</p>

<p>Am I the only one who doesn’t have a program advisor assigned yet?
I am an international applicant and sent in everything by December 15th, but it still shows as ‘none assigned’ under program advisor on my app status… :(</p>

<p>I also am an international applicant and I applied on early December. I got postponed a long time ago. I never had a program advisor and I still don’t. :)</p>