Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Thanks. Good Luck to you!</p>

<p>Should I be concerned if my status has not changed since I first applied? It still says the same thing: “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.” All documents were received in December…or is this normal?</p>

<p>Just got Accepted :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>@nocrackup: Same case buddy.
Same status. Materials in by December and everything. The status was just like yours until an hour back.</p>

<p>accepted! animal sciences major.</p>

<p>Hey!</p>

<p>What are my chances of getting in?
Sat- 1800
Sat II - Math - 650 and Phy- 600
Good GPA
Into Athletics, Basket ball, did community service, worked at an NGO
raised a fund last year, cultural committee head, great essays and great reccommendations</p>

<p>@compscifan: Ahh. Mine is still the same, but 15th isn’t too far… oh well. Congrats on your acceptance!</p>

<p>@compscifan
Congrats. I hope I will hear from them soon. Also, thanks for the heads up over PM. :)</p>

<p>Anyone know or hear of the percent of postponed students that will be admitted?</p>

<p>@MNBADGER2011</p>

<p>I heard that they don’t give out that information. It is suppose to come out when UW MADISON gives outs their official Admission Stats, but I’ve heard they are one of the only colleges that don’t give them out, or they are usually really late on giving them out! just what I’ve heard though!</p>

<p>it’s most likely going to be 40-50%.</p>

<p>anyone applied in Feburary? :slight_smile:
I did and I guess I will find out in… April?</p>

<p>do you get e-mailed or do you have to constantly check your wisc ID to see the decision???</p>

<p>The application deadline was February 1st. Tough luck if you missed the deadline. It is rolling admissions but UW gets an answer out by mid March for all. Even if you don’t check your email you will get the snail mail decision. No need to constantly check your status- an email will come, followed by the hard copy.</p>

<p>UW Web site says 10-60%</p>

<p>Can someone, Barrons or Wisc85 perhaps, who have experience comment on expectations if you have been postponed. At our high school oos, and on this site, it seems like many of the accepted students at Wisc. wait until they hear about funding or wait until their first choice schools reply. Many of those prestigious schools don’t advise until way after the March 15 Wisc notification. So the true # of spots at Wisc would still be uncertain. Plus, Wisc seems to have a new admissions staff. Are the eventual declines modelled from previous years? Is there a lg # put on the waiting list? The lit says historiaclly 1/2 of the deferred get it but does that mean initially or through a watinglist procedure? If waitlited, then what?</p>

<p>Apreciate the feedback.</p>

<p>AAHH anyone hear anything yet??? At my school not a single person who has been postponed has heard anything, but I know its a little early. Is this the same case for everyone?</p>

<p>Not a word. The silence is deafening. And, some decisions need to be made soon to accept scholarships and give deposits at other schools in the next few days.</p>

<p>Not a word. Counting down…5 more days and hope to know by the 15th!!</p>

<p>If You are waitlisted after being postponed your chances are slim to none and slim left town for a best western in Illinois weeks ago. Move on and choose another school.</p>

<p>it usually take 24 to 48 ours for their website to update so if they make a final decision on the 15th we could not hear until next Thursday! Still only a week away!</p>