Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>I think that the chances of getting in if waitlisted may be higher this year considering the rejection rate is up and many of the students accepted will not attend considering madison would have been considered a “safety” school for them in previous years and they will be attending more prestigious schools. Many of those who would have been accepted in the past will now be waitlisted and when the freshman class is small those who were waitlisted will be accepted…
this is just a theory sooo dont get to excited about it butt i think it makes some sense</p>

<p>Just Got in!</p>

<p>Come onnnnn, don’t just tell us that, tell us your stats!</p>

<p>We’re all going to bug you for the details such as: When did you apply? What were your stats? Where are you from? When did your status change in the SOAR status and what did it say?</p>

<p>and finally- congratulations!!</p>

<p>also tell us if you were previously postponed!!!</p>

<p>Were you previously deferred? By the way, I called admissions and have been told that they will be releasing the decisions at the 18th.</p>

<p>no, I am an international applicant and I wasn’t deferred previously…
And for some reason, my SOAR status didn’t change from “Questions about your admission status should be directed …” It’s still the same even though the status in the Student Center says “Congratulations!..” Anyone else who got in UW-Madison having the same situation as me?</p>

<p>Don’t get me wrong but I wish you were previously deferred. :)</p>

<p>OMGMIT, just a few more days! I don’t feel like I have very a good chance of getting off the postponed list but I still check my status every day before school, after lunch, after school, and right before I go to bed. It’s seriously all I can think about right now. at least we don’t have to wait too much longer :)</p>

<p>Sometimes students are waitlisted after being deferred. In three out of the past five years, students were admitted from the waitlist. Most recently, 300 students were admitted from the waitlist for Fall 2009 admission. (None for Fall 2010).</p>

<p>Hopefully I won’t be waitlisted. :)</p>

<p>@kkn1993
We’ve waited this long and I guess we can wait for 7 more days. Actually I am worried about UW not releasing the decisions on the 18th. They may hold the decisions until the end of the month because when talking to the admissions I felt like the officer was trying to say that it may take longer than the given time.</p>

<p>Does it really matter?? They already made their decisions they are just finishing up protesting before they release the stuff.</p>

<p>I think it does. The point in which they’ve made my decision is trivial to me. Only thing that is important to me is the point that I hear my decision. :)</p>

<p>@OMGMIT What are your stats? Better yet, one more wave of stats from everone before we get decisions? :)</p>

<p>Well basically:</p>

<p>SAT: 1970/2400 (1390/1600) 640CR 750M 580W
GPA: 70/100 (4/5 in Turkish school system and it is considered a good grade, not the equivalent of C-)
I am in a double diploma program (both IB and Turkish national diploma). I am on the most rigorous track that my school (one of the best in the country) offers.</p>

<p>I got lots of entrepreneurship ECs and I’ve taken multiple leadership positions. I hold a patent and have won awards from national and international project competitions.</p>

<p>My grades have increased in my senior year.</p>

<p>There are probably not that many applicants to compare you to. My son has about the same SAT scores. We are both on the bubble. So far I have been correct with my predictions for my son. I think that we will both get into UW. Our records are just too high to set the bar.</p>

<p>Thank you. Hearing this kind of an assurance is really soothing. :)</p>

<p>I was initially postponed, but I got accepted this morning. Kinda surprised no one else on here has said anything. I am defskis not attending, but I just thought I’d kind of let you guys know that the decisions are coming out. I thought I’d be ecstatic when this moment came, but I’m just not as in love with Madtown as I used to be. So anywAys, postponed decisions are coming out!</p>

<p>Oh, Jennifer was my counselor btw…</p>

<p>Peacyone, Did your SOAR message ever change? Did you find out on your UW or letter from mail?</p>

<p>wow, I don’t really know what some of the things you even posted were OMGMIT, but then again I am not Turkish. from what I can tell, those are good.
Mine are-
ACT: 29 English:31 Math:31 Reading:27 Science:27
GPA: 3.7 UW, 2 APs, No honor system at my school
Whole family has gone to Madison as well.
Two excellent letters of rec. sent in after postponement, none beforehand.
Sports through most of high school, student council, a couple other extra curriculars, nothing fantastic however.
I have a feeling I was postponed due to the end of my junior year grades, they were less than my GPA was. My senior year first semester was stellar so I think that will help my chance.</p>