Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>Hey I got in today and I was previously postponed. I found out bc the office of finacial aid sent me an emial about a loan for the fall semester I called admissions and they told me a decision was made but could not tell me over the phone, then I called the financial aid office and they told me I had been admitted today. If you got this emial as well it’s looking good for you!</p>

<p>Can the previously deferred, accepted ones post their stats?</p>

<p>My SOAR status did not change, and I found out by an email as well as through the student center. SOAR status has absolutely nothing to do with your admission, contrary to popular belief. I heard this directly from my counselor. My stats were 29 act, 3.87 UW, 81st percentile class rank. A few honors and a couple APs, sports all 4 years and good ECs. Sent in a personal letter (when I thought it was my first choice) as well as all A’s senior year. (a 4.3ish) so, good luck to you all within the next week, but don’t stress out too much. The hard part’s over.</p>

<p>Looking at all my fellow postponed applicants stats makes me nervous that I’m not getting in with a 3.33 unweighted (really hard schedule) and 31 act… ahhh can’t we all just know by now? I called the Office of Admissions yesterday and the person said postponed applicants would be hearing back “next week” but obviously they are starting to flow in.</p>

<p>I had a 3.7 with a 26 on the act. I was also the captain of the softball team and varsity dance team. I had honors and ap classes, I was on the executive board for national honors society, and in student council. I also have been workig at a nursing home for 2 and a Half years. I also had over a 4.0 (out of a 4.0) scale for my senior first term and a ton of community service.</p>

<p>My daughter who was postponed also got accepted today. She found out through an email from the Biology department. Her status on the website has not changed.
Her stats were 4.0 UW GPA 29 ACT
Happy about it but not sure if she will end up attending. During this LONG wait, she fell in love with a couple of other schools. Good luck to everyone still waiting!</p>

<p>@peachyone Your info has made me feel pretty good. I have eerily similar stats to you, even the percentile is exactly the same as mine. Thank you.</p>

<p>I was previously postponed, and now:</p>

<p>“After careful review and consideration of your application, we are offering you the opportunity to join our waitlist. Please refer to your decision letter for specific information”</p>

<p>I had 1390/1600 (1970/2400) SAT and “stellar” ECs. I am on the most rigorous track offered in my school (double diploma program -IB and National curriculum-)</p>

<p>My son was also waitlisted. Next move is to visit all the places he has been accepted to and is still interested in. Waiting to hear from 4 more by April 1st. Best of luck OMGMIT!!</p>

<p>Omgmit, I am sorry to hear the decision. I thought you for sure had it. Best of luck to you with the rest of your college search. It’ll be okay!</p>

<p>Thank you. Actually I’ve already got accepted to UIllinois:Urbana-Champaign for computer science so I got into a great school and trying my chances for others right now.</p>

<p>Have any INTERNATIONAL students who applied to UW by the dec 15th deadline get accepted/rejected/waitlisted?</p>

<p>I’ve waited for three months now …</p>

<p>and please post your stats if you’ve been accepted!</p>

<p>Just went from postponed to waitlisted. Anyone else get in off the postponed list?</p>

<p>So sorry for those who did not get accepted. Hard to move on but there really are alot of great schools out there. I know it is hard because my son loves Madison. I am wondering if everyone who was postponed and did not get accepted was offered waitlist? Several people have gotten in who were postponed and several waitlisted. I have not heard of anyone denied and not offered the waitlist. Oh well, it is time to move on.</p>

<p>@judyjim, everyone i know who hasn’t been accepted after being postponed has been offered a spot on the wait list. also, i was extremely surprised that your son didn’t get in! he had very solid stats and i know many students with lower stats who got in right away without being postponed. I’m sure he’ll be very successful and happy wherever he ends up :slight_smile:
@collegequery, I’m sorry :frowning: what were your stats when you applied?</p>

<p>Everyone that does not get in after being postponed gets an offer to be on the waitlist. It’s not just a certain percentage. After being postponed, you either get in, or you don’t IN ADDITION TO going on the waitlist… That is, if you take them up on the offer.</p>

<p>Oh, and my source is the admissions website, under the “decisions” tab.</p>

<p>“Some students who are denied admission after being postponed are offered the option to add their name to our extended waiting list. The waiting list form is included at the bottom of the final decision letter.”</p>

<p>Some, not all.</p>

<p>i got wait-listed. Pretty surprised thought I was definitely going to get in.<br>
34 act ( 36 reading, 30 english, 35 science, 33 math 11 essay)
3.2 unweighted 76% at relatively competitive public school (grades definitely killed me)
10 A.P courses all honors for the rest
Subject tests: 790 U.S History, 700 Math 1, 680 Literature</p>

<p>I got accepted with a 3.55 UW (3.90 Weighted), 1820 on my SAT (M 670, CR 560, W 590). My EC’s were 4 years of X-country/Track, 4 Years of JSA, 4 Years of Young Dems (President), and 3 Years of journalism (Editorials Editor). 7 APs (APUSH 4 AP Psych 4 AP Euro 4, AP Lang. 3, Physics, Gov and Lit senior year). My essays weren’t all that good, But I bet I had good recs (three teachers and a councilor, and they all said they wrote me good ones). The thing that got me in Probably were my senior grades: 5 A’s and a B. </p>

<p>All and all I’m happy to be in, and now its decision time. I have a lot to think about, but in the end, I think theres a good shot I’ll end up here.</p>