Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>I still stay status on “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status.” Still waiting!</p>

<p>I agree with kkn1993… I feel like many of you should have been accepted and I shouldn’t have. I’m also almost positive that I won’t be going here. I feel kind of guilty.</p>

<p>Meh :\ This is like the 4th school to wait list me, and all of them have been the ones I wanted to attend. I really think it’s just my grades…they definitely went down since Freshman year, and I have a couple of F’s on my transcript as well. It’s so frustrating. Ughh, I wish I had tried harder Soph/Junior year. Lesson definitely learned. </p>

<p>oos
3.6 W
31 ACT
4 APs.</p>

<p>Yeah. Mine is. People started to hear about Wisconsin on Monday… I tried to call, but no one picked up the phone.</p>

<p>I was accepted in February from the second round. I am OOS.</p>

<p>34 ACT
3.8 UW 4.8 Weighted
7 AP’s and IB diploma candidate
500 hours community service (combination of Board of Directors at Little League, Filming for High School Football Team, and MUN).
I play Rugby as well and have a couple other clubs such as German.
Director General of Technology for MUN
Director of Field Maintenance for Little League
President of German Club
President of Young Democrats
President of English and Literature Club
I have a couple more. If anyone is interested in looking at my full resume, you can PM me.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone else. This is my top choice right now, but I’m waiting to hear back from other schools later in the month.</p>

<p>denied and devastated.<br>
GPA-3.8 at VERY academically challenging high school
Have learning disability
ACT-26
Over 300 hours of volunteer service hours
Many EC’s</p>

<p>re-thinking if college is even the right decision for me cuz madison was the one and only place i wanted to go…they crushed me. absolutely crushed me.</p>

<p>**** madison.</p>

<p>Got waitlisted today after waiting since October 2010. Madison has a piece of **** admissions policies. </p>

<p>3.4 UW GPA
30 ACT
A TON OF EXTRA CURRICULARS
A SOB STORY
WELL WRITTEN ESSAYS
4 LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
A PERSONAL LETTER TO MY ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
VERY HARD RIGOR</p>

<p>Accepted. In State. High School sends over 110 apps a year out of 350 students in the class, sort of a feeder school.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.3, 3.9 Senior Year
4 AP
31 ACT
2070 SAT
One superb teacher recommendation, one average
Guidance Recommendation
4 Year Ski Team
350 community service hours through YMCA
Personal Essay (probably got me in)</p>

<p>Magdaddy, Cograts! Thank god you were in state. My son and a few others I know were waitlisted with better stats. Enjoy.</p>

<p>I finally got my snail nail notice today. I was accepted.</p>

<p>34 ACT
3.0 GPA
Out of state</p>

<p>@ buckylover - I’m really so sorry that you received a denial. I keep reading these posts to see the status of people that I’ve come to think of as “friends”, in that we’re all seeking the same outcome, and I was rooting for you (and others) all the way. Knowing the stress and desire that goes into chosing a first-choice college, I know you must be heartbroken. I know it’s trite, and not what you want to hear, but the path you may be challenged to take now may cause you to look back on this and ultimately be thankful. Continued best wishes…</p>

<p>I have been following the acceptances and denials and I have to say I can’t make any sense to some of them. I know there is a lot more to the application but some of them just plain don’t make sense. Seems like WI is making some crazy decisions late in the game. They really postponed a LOT of kids this year and then were in a weird position to have to make a tough call on some very qualified kids. I will be interested to see the yield this year. It may come back to bite them. Wisconsin is a good school but it is not better than Michigan and I have heard some kids got into Michigan and got postponed and ultimately turned away from Wisconsin? C’mon now…</p>

<p>It’s about time. UM has been riding on a reputation for many years when if fact it’s pretty much a tie for undergrads.</p>

<p>Aww, buckylover… Reading your last post really makes me sad. I was denied by my first choice school early decision and I felt the same way, but it ended up leading me to a school that I think I love more than my original first choice. Your stats aren’t bad! Cheer up :)</p>

<p>barrons-just because UW denies someone and Michigan accepts someone it does not make Wisconsin a better school. Wisconsin is good but I think you are kidding yourself if you think Wisconsin and Michigan are tied for undergrad…clearly not in engineering…</p>

<p>Accepted.

• 3.8 UW
  • 2090 SAT (700-M 660-CR 730-W)
  • 10 APs in High School (5 Junior year (Gov, Macro, Lang, Spanish, Physics. 5’s on all)
  • SAT 2: (French- 800, Physics- 710, Math II- 710).
  • Miscellaneous- from France (residing in NJ), fluent in 3 languages, GREAT letters of rec., extremely competitive high school. </p>

<p>For those of you who were waitlisted, rejoice: I’m declining the offer (:</p>

<p>Mich has an edge in engineering and UW has one in most sciences. The unbiased ARWU rankings which basically evaluate scienses and engineering put UW slightly ahead. I never said it was better–read “tied”. Even one important engineering dept is ranked higher at UW–chem eng.–one of the most lucrative and hardest. Either engineering school will get you the same jobs as both are top 15 and not MIT or CalTech.</p>

<p>I know 5 people at my school that have all gotten in but aren’t going to go and HAVEN’T told Wisco yet.</p>

<p>My postponed OOS daughter was accepted. A HUGE relief (also waiting since October). She definitely improved her application during the wait - added nearly all A’s senior year in all IB classes, increased the ACT 2pts, stellar letters from 2 teachers (one revised) and a family friend (UW alum), and heart felt letter from her, strong ECs many in leadership positions, strong essay about her background and fit with the school that UW is and is becoming (large, diverse, R1, public). It may have helped that she is a strong legacy (both parents alums). </p>

<p>Given the collective anxiety around this decision, we feel very sorry for those who wanted to go to UW-Madison and were not accepted. I can only say that there really are many wonderful schools out there and from personal experience can say that the second choices can yield fabulous rewards. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>accepted! I don’t know how though, I’m international + out of state. Also essays were pretty last minute…wrote it on the last day of early action but ended up going to regular b/c they were late. </p>

<p>sat 1820 one sitting
gpa 3.62 weighted
international student
tons of extracurricular and awards, pretty good recs i think? (one from a madison alumni) </p>

<p>thought i was going to get rejected but im super excited! Probably going to go. Anyone from the south? (lived there most of my life)</p>