Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>end of april? do you mean end of march? 'coz if its end of april its insane. most colleges require u to choose by 1 may.</p>

<p>End of APRIL :frowning:
No idea why, but I’m not waiting anymore… Tired of their admission process.</p>

<p>This is odd. I called yesterday and they said they would not be able to tell me when my application would be reviewed.</p>

<p>It sounds like the admissions staff is dealing with huge increases in numbers of applicants this year- no extra staffing- so they must be super busy trying to get their job done. Also- state budget problems so no money for additional staffing/overtime- remember there have been furlough days for all state employees which will not help matters.</p>

<p>That’s dumb. All of their application decisions have come out for first and second notification period. How many more do they have?</p>

<p>I My acceptance Letter Today</p>

<p>Looking at the stats of others who were denied and waitlisted I am pretty surprised.</p>

<p>GPA:3.4
ACT:27
Essay: Not a very good one, probably a B. If you wanted to rank it, it wasn’t anything special
Recommendation: One From a teacher, but she knew me very well.
Activities: Not much but I’ve been doing a little bit more this year</p>

<p>just got mine by email today.</p>

<p>Waitlisted</p>

<p>SAT - 1790
International OOS
Great essays
great rec’s
good ec’s</p>

<p>Also got waitlisted ! They say that “Updates regarding the waitlist will be posted to our Web site in May”. The deadline is the 1st of May normally for any university. If lets say I apply to another university right now, will I be able to cancel my application there if I receive a letter from WISC saying that I have been accepted ? </p>

<p>Tim</p>

<p>You need to check with the other university’s policies. You are likely to forfeit any deposits made. Students can choose to not attend a school at any time, but face the loss of money paid. Those who drop out after school begins may need to pay for the semester as well as have a transcript and its consequences follow them.</p>

<p>Guys, was it by mail or email?</p>

<p>According to UW, they are still processing Internationals and transfers at this time. Internationals are processed in order received completed app.</p>

<p>Got the update on the student center</p>