Fall 2011 Applicants - Any Decisions Yet?

<p>"Prospective students and parents are encouraged to continue to be patient waiting for UW–Madison admissions decisions — letters will be arriving in mailboxes as soon as possible.</p>

<p>The first group of 400 decision letters were sent this week and will continue to flow from the office on a rolling basis."</p>

<p>So does this mean that the first 400 have already heard online if they are denied and/or accepted? I would think if some people have heard online then all 400 of these folks must have heard as well? Suspense is painful, but I guess at this point no news is good too since it isn’t a denied.</p>

<p>My SOAR registration reads:
“The SOAR Program is not currently accepting reservations for your admit term. More information about the SOAR Program and the reservation process can be found at [Center</a> for the First-Year Experience](<a href=“http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu%5DCenter”>http://www.newstudent.wisc.edu). If you believe you have received this message in error please contact the SOAR Information line at 608-262-4707 or e-mail your questions to <a href=“mailto:soar@studentlife.wisc.edu”>soar@studentlife.wisc.edu</a>.”</p>

<p>Does this mean the admissions office has made a decision then? Because we haven’t heard anything yet. :/</p>

<p>sconnie2011: That’s the SOAR message we had 2 days before getting notification online. Be patient, I bet you’ll be hearing soon. Good luck!</p>

<p>Congrats! That sounds like a good thing.</p>

<p>wiscmom: alright, thank you! i hope it means good news for me as well then! i live really close to madison, only about 20 minutes away… so it’s basically like my home. i’m so excited to hear from them! </p>

<p>congratulations on your applicant’s acceptance!</p>

<p>WiscMom, what were your daughters gpa and act?? just curious and trying to gauge my chances of acceptance!</p>

<p>Sounds like those that have heard are all from Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Our SOAR message also changed just as WiscMomOf2 said in the above post. I think I noticed it yesterday. Based on the error that occurred last week with the SOAR messages, I thought it meant nothing, but perhaps this time it does mean something?</p>

<p>My son’s application was completed October 14th and nothing has yet changed. Says still reviewing and SOAR still the same. He has wanted to go to Madison since 9th grade so I pray he gets accepted. It is so hard to be patient. Keeping our fingers crossed in Minnesota.</p>

<p>EMB9292: Her GPA is 3.93UW, ACT 28, top 6% of her class, 1 AP class junior year and 2 this year, lots of EC.</p>

<p>WiscMomOf2 Congratulations!! I bet she is so excited and you too!! How large is her graduating class?</p>

<p>class is about 235</p>

<p>I just found out I was accepted online today (11/13) at 2:00am! </p>

<p>It really does update that early in the morning. I was out with friends, got home, checked, and had a pleasant surprise! YAY! :D</p>

<p>Applied on Sept. 15th
Wisconsin Resident
4.0 GPA
34 ACT</p>

<p>YAY! Congratulations Sindarlord and awesome scores. You should get some great scholarship money with those :)</p>

<p>I was accepted this morning too! Congratulations to everyone else!</p>

<p>32 ACT
3.98 GPA
Wisconsin Resident</p>

<p>^ When did you apply?
CONGRATS TO ALL :D</p>

<p>Accepted this morning! Finished my application October 5th, HS transcript received October 26th. 3.98 GPA, 34 ACT. Good luck to all those still waiting!!</p>

<p>WiscoKid- I assume you are from Wisconsin?</p>

<p>I was accepted this morning as well!</p>

<p>ACT: 31, GPA: 4.049
All materials were received on October 05.
I’m a Wisconsin resident. :]]</p>

<p>Yup, born and raised in Madison.</p>