Fall 2011 Dean's/President's List Published

<p>[University</a> of Alabama News Dean?s List Students Named for UA Fall Term](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2012/01/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-fall-term-2/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2012/01/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-fall-term-2/)</p>

<p>Congratulations to all.</p>

<p>Congrats, hard work pays!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!! :)</p>

<p>Congrats to all who made the list!!</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone on the list, with a special home town pride RTR to the six students who earned Geneva, Illinois the honor of having more students on the lists (two Dean’s, four President’s) than any other city/town in Illinois. Not bad for a town of about 26,000 that is an 11 hour drive from UA.</p>

<p>Are all 7,267 on the list undergrads only? Does anyone have the breakdown of the number on the Presidents List (4.0)? A quick scroll through the list reveals many students with 4.0 semesters. Congrats to all for all the hard work!</p>

<p>I’m glad that you included the link. </p>

<p>They had my son incorrectly listed as Dean’s, instead of President’s List. :(</p>

<p>That’s because he had a grade change. Heads up for others…The Tissue Eng’g prof first gave my son a B+ in a class because she had marked that he had missed 3 classes and she deducts points for missing classes. Thankfully, my son was able to prove that he was there by showing her copies of his notes from those days.</p>

<p>Be sure to have your kids write the date of each day’s notes on the top of the page. without that info, my son would have had a hard time going back and figuring out which notes went with with which day!</p>

<p>Anyway…all is well now…grade changed to an A. :)</p>

<p>Now, got to get the List changed! :/</p>

<p>Just read the press release a little more thoroughly … full-time undergrads only.</p>

<p>My d is listed correctly. Congrats to all!</p>

<p>President’s List for my D too! Congratulations to all for their hard work.</p>

<p>Congrats to all on the list! I was able to see that someone from our city attends UA, as well as a neighboring city.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting!! Very proud of S and friends from East Tennessee!</p>

<p>Congrats to the students!! RTR!!</p>

<p>Saw 4 names from my D’s Texas high school! Congrats to all!</p>

<p>Can’t get over all the kids from Hawaii. Congrats to all on their hard work. We’re so proud of you!</p>

<p>Congrats to all of the students on the Dean’s and President’s lists. </p>

<p>I learned today that students participating in the University Scholars program are not eligible for Dean’s List or President’s List honors if they took less than 12 undergraduate hours in a semester, though the designations might be awarded retroactively once they apply for graduation.</p>

<p>Thanks Malanai for posting! I’ve been looking for the release! Congrats to all!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Thanks for noticing, Montegut. The small but mighty 808 contingent acquitted itself quite well, if I do say so myself. :)</p>

<p>I was happy to see that two friends of dd;s were on the list too. I have to tell her about the list because I only know about the locations of those two and her newest friends may be on the list too but I am not looking through the entire list to find their names without a city and state.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all! Wondering if anyone has advice on what are good Honor Societies and how many a student typically does/or should join. D made Presidents List which we suspect is why she has gotten several email invites the past week to join various Honor Societies. She will likely talk to an academic advisor/someone in the Honors College for advice but we were wondering if anyone on here has any experience to offer.</p>

<p>M2K
Do you have any wisdom to share about trvlbug’s question? We have been pondering the same thing.
Thanks.</p>