Fall 2011 housing

<p>There are lots of off campus houses and apartments in walking distance to campus.</p>

<p>This year D was in a beautiful apartment off campus and had to drive to campus. While she enjoyed her apartment and roommates she is involved in two research projects and various groups that have meetings often. So this year she opted to move to a house close to the Strip.</p>

<p>It really is 1/2 a block from where she currently parks. So she will be able to walk to all her meetings as well as the library where she prefers to study.</p>

<p>We were activiely looking this fall and I would suggest students planning to move into a home to start finding out who owns what and if the students are happy with the landlord.
BTW her rent will be about $425 with cable & utilities & off street parking.</p>

<p>All of the new Honors dorms close at Christmas…not sure about Spring Break.</p>

<p>Cuttlefish123, most dorms at UA close for Winter Break, Spring Break, and summer. Rose Towers is open during Winter Break and Spring Break. </p>

<p>Assuming one can get on-campus housing each yer, it is usually possible to remain in the same dorm for all 4 years, though one does has to move out during the summer. I’ve lived in the same dorm for the last two years and will be returning next year.</p>

<p>Thank you for the replies! Which is the honors dorm for freshmen? It seemed like it was Ridgecrest South. Is that a relatively quiet dorm? My daughter likes to have fun but she likes to study also.</p>

<p>^^^Honors College Dorms:</p>

<p>“The Honors College living option in Riverside West, Lakeside West, Ridgecrest North and Ridgecrest West is available to members of the University Honors Program, International Honors Program, and/or Computer-Based Honors Program. These coed living-learning facilities form the center of the University’s tightly-knit honors community. Because of the demand for Honors Housing, only incoming Honors College freshmen and current residents of Honors Housing can be accommodated. Space does not permit Honors College participants living in other residence halls to move to Honors Housing. For more information, please visit honors.ua.edu.”</p>

<p>Source: <a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/living_learning_halls.cfm[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/new_students/living_learning_halls.cfm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Ridgecrest West is an all-honors dorm. My son lives there and loves it.</p>

<p>Thank you Malanai for the information. BTW, how do you pronounce your name?</p>