Fall 2011 Transfer! Essay Critique, Chance?

<p>Hey Im applying for Fall 2011. I am applying as a transfer into Engineering. Let me know if you will proof read my essays and tell me what you think. Here is some info about me...</p>

<p>Undergrad at Loyola University Chicago</p>

<p>Major at Loyola: Physics
ACT:28 Cumulative
APs: 7 scores (US History, Psych, Bio, Physics + Physics, Macroeconomics and Calc AB) </p>

<p>College GPA: Cumulative= 3.779 Science= 3.63
High school GPA: 3.55 Weighted however have MASSIVE grade trend (3.0-->4.1) (I had some family problems as a freshman and sophomore) </p>

<p>I WILL HAVE ALL OF THE ENGINEERING PRE-REQUISITES COMPLETED BY FALL 2011.
(Year of Chem, Year of Physics, Calculus I and II, English Comp...) </p>

<p>Also, tons of volunteering and extracurriculars and two jobs.
Also, sending in 2-3 letters of rec.</p>

<p>You should have a very good chance with a 3.7 GPA and letters of recommendation (you only need two).</p>

<p>Also, don’t even think about your high school grades, they don’t matter. Nor does your ACT score. I didn’t even send mine when I transferred.</p>

<p>Ditto above. Your college record and desire to attend UW counts, HS for you is ancient history.</p>

<p>I can proofread your essay if you want</p>

<p>Thanks for the support! And I hope you are right about the high school grades. I wrote two really good responses to both of their statements talking about my desire to go there and why I am a perfect applicant for admission. I already submitted my application seeing as the deadline is Feb. 1st but thank you for your interest</p>

<p>Badger- did you come from a Wisconsin school? or out of state </p>

<p>Also, I only have one semester of college grades that i sent…are you sure they dont care about high school and act?</p>

<p>Only one semester? How is that possible? It was my understanding you needed at least 24 credits to transfer, not counting test credits from AP or otherwise. I guess one COULD take 24 credits in a semester, but that would be highly unusual.</p>

<p>Regardless, they shouldn’t care about your high school grades or ACT/SAT. Tests like the ACT help measure how successful you’ll be in college. Since you’ve already taken college courses, the point of the test is moot as the grades you got in the college classes speak for themselves.</p>

<p>Your high school grades are also irrelevant compared to your college grades. They are, in essence, ‘old news’ compared to your recent college grades that are much more reliable than high school grades as far as determining the quality and rigor of work needed to get the grades you got. </p>

<p>The caveat to all this is that college classes that don’t transfer to Madison (i.e. Basket Weaving classes) aren’t considered in your transfer application.</p>

<p>I sent them my Fall 2010 grades which is only one semester…I won’t have Spring 2011 grades to send yet until the end of the school year. </p>

<p>I hope your right with the info on high school grades and ACT. Cause I wanna go to Madison so bad!</p>

<p>Ahh, I see. You will eventually send in your final grades for your current semester however to finalize your admission, so it isn’t like they don’t count for anything.</p>

<p>I’d be surprised if you didn’t get in, and even if they did look at your high school grades and ACT for some unique reason they aren’t bad at all, just not outstanding.</p>