Fall 2012 Admission App. Date

<p>Application submitted… and now we wait</p>

<p>The timeframe for admissions decisions can vary depending on the time of year you apply and other factors. </p>

<p>Once you apply, you can always check your status online ([Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“How to Apply – Admissions”>How to Apply – Admissions)). </p>

<p>You can also contact the admissions counselor for your area for more specific information either before or after you apply ([Find</a> Your Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff]Find”>http://gobama.ua.edu/staff)).</p>

<p>Son just applied and is already pacing the floors because he’s so anxious to receive a decision! :)</p>

<p>Will the student self reporting of his GPA on the application help him get a decision before his high school transcript office opens at the end of August? He sent his ACT scores several months ago so he knows that UA has them. </p>

<p>The self reporting asked for his cumulative GPA so he put down what is on his end of junior year report card. He didn’t recalculate it based on a 4.0 (the application didn’t tell him to do so) because we’re not sure how to do that based on the way our high school’s grades are reported. I hope that was the right thing to do!</p>

<p>If anyone knows the answer to any of my questions I’ll be grateful for the input.</p>

<p>Thanks and Roll Tide! (I hope…)</p>

<p>When can I expect my CWID?</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>You should get a “follow-up email” within a few business days. That will give you log on info for MyBama. Then you do the scholarship app.</p>

<p>Remember, Bama has to receive your test scores and school transcript…so get those in, too!!! Sometimes high schools can lag getting those in.</p>

<p>Will the student self reporting of his GPA on the application help him get a decision before his high school transcript office opens at the end of August?</p>

<p>I don’t know. Good question, though!</p>

<p>What GPA did he put in?</p>

<p>^
He put the cumulative GPA, freshman through junior year, that is on his high school transcript. From what I’ve gathered on other threads UA looks at whatever GPA the high school reports. </p>

<p>Thanks M2CK !</p>

<p>My daughters GPA that was on her end of year grades (Junior) is the same that is on her transcript school sent – cumalitive from 9th through 11th grade… So sounds like you put the right GPA</p>

<p>Thanks BamaAF! </p>

<p>Hopefully our kids will soon know if they are on their way to Bama!</p>

<p>How long does it take for 'Bama to give you a decision?</p>

<p>Have your school transcript and test scores been sent???</p>

<p>Usually, it doesn’t take long after Bama receives everything. But, I don’t know how “full employment” the admissions office is the first week of July.</p>

<p>MY d just completed her application, requested her test scores from ACT be sent, and mailed her official transcripts. How long does it take for scores to be sent?, and will she hear in weeks or months?
Also, if she is accepted early in the process, is there any advice about the housing? Does when you give a deposit put you higher on the priority list? Some local knowledge would be helpful.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>SoCalD … Yes, timing of your housing deposits does set you up for an earlier housing selection slot. Depending on if your D is in the honors college, this can influence the particular building of suite style dorm available. There’s 2 parts to the deposit, one refundable and one not, so you can get some of your money back if you choose not to attend UA. Good luck and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I called 'Bama and admissions said they received my transcript but they said they didn’t receive my ACT scores which was weird because three days ago, I got an email from UA stating that they got my highest composite score. The lady said that they have two different systems so it will take a few days to update.</p>

<p>*Also, if she is accepted early in the process, is there any advice about the housing? Does when you give a deposit put you higher on the priority list? *</p>

<p>Yes…I think you can deposit in October (others can correct me)…and that provides the earliest selection date.</p>

<p>If your D wants one of the non-honors Super Suites (I think there are about 800-1000 non-honors super suites beds), then deposit early.</p>

<p>As an aside…</p>

<p>Also…tell your D…I know that she’s a dedicated student who may not test well. that doesn’t mean that she can’t eventually be in the Honors College. If she gets a 3.3 GPA her first semester, she can submit an app to the Honors College and she’ll be accepted. At that point, ACT scores won’t count. :)</p>

<p>*Current UA students with a 3.3 GPA or transfer students with a 3.3 GPA will be accepted into the University Honors Program (UHP) upon submission of their applications. You will be notified of your acceptance via email.**) </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>This is a guaranteed admittance if you have the 3.3+ GPA after your first semester, and you submit the honors college app.</p>

<p>Socaldad, my D requested that her ACT scores be sent on June 23, and got an e-mail from Bama acknowledging receipt on July 4 (I assume it was automated because I couldn’t imagine the admissions folks were working on the holiday). Unfortunately, her high school’s transcript office won’t open until school starts.</p>

<p>Darn, all this information is getting me excited. I want to get a decision over the summer.I would need to send my SAT scores to UA, plus, on the application, I don’t know my rank and I still have a question to ask my school about my GPA, and I don’t even know if they can send my transcripts in this early. I’m so excited, yet I’m still freaking out. GAHH mixed emotions</p>

<p>Bump 10char</p>