Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Guys, best Christmas present I’ve ever gotten on Christmas Eve! I’ve been accepted! </p>

<p>I’ll post stats when I get home, but merry Christmas to everyone!</p>

<p>Congrats!!!
Everyone, don’t stress over break, enjoy the time off. We will all hear very soon! merry christmas and happy hanukkah to those of the tribe</p>

<p>postponed! :frowning:
does anyone have any advice for increasing my chances of getting accepted?</p>

<p>I don’t like their admission processing. Someone get decision letter two weeks after application is complete while someone has to wait longer than 2-3 months after completion. What kind of process is that? I don’t understand.</p>

<p>I just got accepted. The campus looks pretty chill and they have good keggers and their women looked fine in playboy so madison looks chill. stats are OOS 3.702 GPA UW 3.714 W 24 act strengths, good gpa and all state wide reciever in football. weaknesses only one advanced class and low act.</p>

<p>Hi Bro 911</p>

<p>Congrats.</p>

<p>Are you recruited for next year’s Badger Football team? </p>

<p>We attended the homecoming game. Wisconsin Badgers is one amazing team.</p>

<p>If you aren’t recruited yet…good luck.</p>

<p>I might walk on but its pretty competitive and I am leaning towards focusing on school instead.</p>

<p>Rolling admissions means everyone does not need to wait until March for a decision. This means those for whom it is an easy decision for admissions will get a faster answer. Some are definitely not going to get in and can move on. Others definitely in regardless of who else applys. The rest are dependent on the others who apply by the Feb 1st deadline. A very reasonable system. It takes longer now than in the past for most in the middle since there is a huge pool of similar applicants. UW needs to know the caliber of those students before deciding where the admit/reject/put on hold lines are drawn. It also is not “first come, first served”- be thankful as the UW student body includes those who waited to apply after hearing from other schools as well as those who knew it was their top choice.</p>

<p>I submitted my application on October 25th and still have not received a decision, should I be worried? </p>

<p>These are my statistics:
ACT:28
GPA weighted: 3.52 (a lot of honors and AP courses)
Many ec’s; football and wrestling; great essays.</p>

<p>Elevit- You have middling stats- unweighted gpa must be low if that’s a weighted one, btw. Do have a safety.</p>

<p>Of the 40+ kids from my high school that applied, only 2 have heard anything from Wisc. I’m from IL, and F.</p>

<p>I submitted on same day as you.</p>

<p>I’m 31 ACT, 3.95 uw, 4.2 w, 4 AP’s, mostly honors, lots of EC’s, and community service. My GPA is pure, meaning no Pass/Fail inflation. Essay clearly indicated Wisc was my top choice. </p>

<p>It is frustrating, I’ve been accepted to Indiana, Michigan, IL, and Miami of Ohio. Wisc remains my top choice. I had hoped to hear before the holidays. I guess if you count President’s Day…I will!</p>

<p>We all have to hang in there. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Hi Il Maggie.</p>

<p>I hope you get in. You have been so positive through this whole process (helping and encouraging others). I think you would thrive in the Madison atmosphere.</p>

<p>We are still waiting for our son who has 4.0 UW, great test stats, NMS, accomplishments outside school, AP’s, sports, ranked 1 in class, etc. He said other kids at his school are waiting also.</p>

<p>Maybe your info is in the same pile as my son’s:) Hope you both get good news.</p>

<p>WiBadger and ILMaggie: I do not see how each of you will not get admitted. Your stats are excellent and there doesn’t seem to be any reason why you would be denied admission or even deferred. Maybe your admission counselor just has a lot of applications to review…
My son applied OOS on Oct. 19th, got admitted 18 days later. I do not know why he was admitted so quickly. He had GPA 4.0 UW, 32 ACT, all 5’s on AP exams (four so far and three more this year) and lots of honors, good EC’s, also had very good SAT subject test scores which he submitted even though UW doesn’t require those.
I am sure we will hear any day you both were admitted! Good luck!</p>

<p>Any reason why I still don’t have anything back from Madison? I submitted late September, and with a 36 ACT and a 4.0 UW, I really didn’t think it was going to take that long with the rolling admissions.</p>

<p>ILMaggie- I am sure you will get in soon. I have similar stats and got in. However I got deferred from Michigan. I am from the East Coast. How many kids does your school usually accept to MI and WI? How many apply to both schools? We have more kids apply to MI than WI. Only about 25% get accepted to both…</p>

<p>Numbers are changing in terms of applicants. Typically it’s been 50-60 apply to Wisc and 20 apply to Michigan. So far, Wis is down a little this year, and Mich is up a little. Naviance says 50% usually are admitted from my HS. Those are full year numbers, I don’t know how many get accepted vs. deferred then accepted.</p>

<p>Accepted!!
Applied sept 25, heard back dec 22.
33 ACT
4.2 weighted gpa, not sure about unweighted
98% class rank
MN resident</p>

<p>Congratulations MN Badger Girl!</p>

<p>Thank you!! I am super excited :)</p>

<p>MN Badgergirl,</p>

<p>Have you decided on a major yet?</p>