Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>For anyone accepted; Do you recieve an email telling you to check your portal or do you just have to keep on checking it to see when a decision is made? Also, is there an acceptance packet sent out in the next few days after you find out if you got in?</p>

<p>my son got an email – he was monitoring the college confidential website for info on when updates were posting. Then he was able to view on the UW page. Not too much info has come since then, unlike some other schools which continue to send mail several times a week. Just pay attention to the deadlines like the housing deposit.</p>

<p>@ccball11</p>

<p>Please look back thru previous posts on this thread. All your questions are answered.</p>

<p>Short version: you will receive an e-mail telling you a decision has been posted, then you check MyUW Student Center. You get an identical letter in the mail (one page) saying you’ve been accepted, declined, or waitlisted. No packet, just a letter. You will get another flyer mailing a week or 2 later (that’s what happened in December) with a little more detail about next steps, etc. All of this information is available on the web, and is perhaps even a little more clear than the mailers you will receive, because on the web, with your id, you will have dates specific to your situation. Scholarship deadlines already passed, but Housing deadline for people that were accepted in Nov-Jan is March 1st.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Any of u guys have any idea when would international applicants get their admission news? I’m soooo perplexed over here!</p>

<p>@paranoidand
I think it should be soon, since i got my decision last sunday and im an international applicant</p>

<p>@yings82914
When did you send your application? I sent mine on Dec 15th. But I still haven’t got any news from UW. May I know your SAT score too?</p>

<p>I suppose the answer is nerves and anxiety, but I don’t understand why the same question is asked over and over…“When will I hear an admission decision?” </p>

<p>Check the website. The answer is by the end of March. It doesn’t matter when someone else sent in their application, or when someone else got their decision. Wisconsin does rolling admission and that means anyone’s decision can come at any time. It’s not first in, first out, it’s not best out first, it’s whenever a counselor reviews your application and feels as though he/she can make a decision.</p>

<p>So, you can keep asking the quesiton, but the answer on the website, and in reality isn’t going to change.</p>

<p>Not trying to be harsh, and I wish you the best!</p>

<p>@RyuBaka
I think I submitted mine on the 14th or 15th of Dec too. My highest combined SAT is 1950.</p>

<p>I’m postponed and I was wondering if the person who orginally saw my application would be the one to review it again, or is it reviewed by another counselor?</p>

<p>Admitted! So relieved.
Good luck to everyone here—if you’re interested in my stats, PM me.</p>

<p>Just got admitted into the School of Business!! My first acceptance and I am so relieved :slight_smile:
Good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Except in rare cases the B School takes apps during Freshman year at UW and you start as a soph. Only about 20/year get direct admits. You might be Pre-Business.</p>

<p>Congrats! </p>

<p>Did you have to reapply for the business school?</p>

<p>How long ago where you notified that you were in the running?</p>

<p>How awesome to go directly in the school you requested. Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>@juujube</p>

<p>Were you part of this program?
[High</a> School Student](<a href=“http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/how-to-apply/high-school-student]High”>http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/how-to-apply/high-school-student) </p>

<p>I thought the timeline was much different. I thought applkications were sent to a select few (see the qualifications in the link) in March, and of those who chose to apply, only 20 were selected and those decisons would be communicated in late April.</p>

<p>Also, worth noting, if you are chosen after the additional application process, you MUST participate in the FIG, taking the 3 classes with the 19 other people in the program. The bad news, if you have AP credit for Psych or Econ, you have to take the classes at Wisc. anyway. I guess it’s a small price to pay for the individual attention and small class size, but it seems like a waste at some level.</p>

<p>Being directly admitted as a Freshman is a very prestigious honor. While not a scholarship, it’s still a HUGE deal.</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>Accepted today! I’m super excited, but it’s a little bittersweet since I don’t think that I can afford out of state tuition. But hey, where there’s a will there’s a way, right? :slight_smile: Good luck to everyone still waiting! Maybe we’ll all see each other next year!</p>

<p>Quick Question: Is it possible to take a gap year in the middle of your time at UW and then re-enroll? I know that taking a year off is the only way to establish state residency so I’m just curious…</p>

<p>Yes as long as you leave in good standing. But it might not get you residency if they think the purpose was just to get residency abnd continue your education.</p>

<p>How many freshman do they invite to apply to the business college?</p>

<p>20 or so enroll. So maybe 40-60 assuming 40% yield.</p>

<p>Accepted! OOS California 3.64 unweighted, 2120 SAT</p>