Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>In order to bcome a Wisconsin resident you would have to live instate and work full time for a calendar year. I suspect you also need to support yourself- no just living here and letting your parents pay your rent and other bills while you get a low wage job. We pay taxes to support our instate colleges- you can pay your high WI taxes and earn the right to get instate tuition (even if the state support isn’t that great).</p>

<p>Wisconsin residency requirements:
<a href=“College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools”>College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools;

<p>It is even a bit murkier than that. All about intent and evidence. </p>

<p>[Residence</a> Frequently Asked Questions | Office of the Registrar | University of Wisconsin?Madison](<a href=“http://registrar.wisc.edu/residence_frequently_asked_questions.htm#]Residence”>http://registrar.wisc.edu/residence_frequently_asked_questions.htm#)</p>

<p>My daughter appiled and is waiting to hear. She has a 2.85 GPA and a 25 ACT with no AP or honors classes and/or extraciriculuar activities. Does the average kid have a chance?</p>

<p>Yes, at UW Oshkosh.</p>

<p>Really, no chance at all?</p>

<p>While I wish her the best, since I don’t know the particulars other than what you’ve posted, I’ll just mention that many kids from my high school were denied with ACT > 25 and GPA > 3.4 UW. It seems as if each year, the bar gets raised. I have 2 friends that were postponed with 27 ACT and 3.6 GPA’s, honors classes, solid EC’s. Naviance for my school shows average accepted have 30 ACT and 3.74 UW GPA.</p>

<p>Chance–sure but very small on average. Have backups.</p>

<p>don’t think so. she doesn’t have any EC and below 3.4GPA. is very very very hard to get in</p>

<p>can anyone chance me for university of wisconsin?
current junior out of state
weighted gpa:4.2-4.3
uw:3.87
SAT: math-680 reading-620 writing-740 total-2040
extracurriculars- work as a lifeguard, varsity swimming, math club, youth educators, boy scout (soon to be eagle), junior statesmen of america, volunteering at hospital and soup kitchens, speak german fluently
looking to major in bio, then move to med school</p>

<p>yay got in!</p>

<p>Act 31 composite<br>
34 math
33 science</p>

<p>4.1 W GPA</p>

<p>OOS – (California)</p>

<p>woo excited to get out of this state! (provided i can afford to go)</p>

<p>Got accepted today. </p>

<p>ACT 29 composite: 29 English 29 Math 29 Reading 29 Science
3.6 W GPA
OOS </p>

<p>I am so relived that i got in, considering my average test scores and GPA (for Wisconsin’s standards) and being an OOS student. Best of Luck to all those still anxiously waiting!!!</p>

<p>Accepted!
2200 SAT 3.96 W GPA OOS
My first acceptance :)</p>

<p>accepted!!!</p>

<p>international
3.76 W GPA
2250</p>

<p>YES! SO haapppy</p>

<p>same with me,</p>

<p>just relieved I got into college</p>

<p>Does UW consider first semester senior year grades?</p>

<p>

Certainly if you apply in the second notification or are postponed after review during the first notification.</p>

<p>What if you’re not?</p>

<p>So, I think you’re asking, “If I am accepted, does Wisconsin consider 1st semester grades?”</p>

<p>The answer is YES, they look at 1st semester, actually they look at the entire senior year grades when your high school submits your final transcript in June. The grades get considered, and in very rare cases, they may rescind your offer to attend Wisconsin. It’s my understanding that this is rare, but if you totally blowup your senior year, get some D’s and F’s, you could be in danger. If you get a C or 2, probably won’t hear anything. As has been posted many times…don’t blowup!</p>

<p>Has anyone who was postponed heard back yet?</p>