Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Does Wisconsin actually reject people, wait-list or just postpone till April? I was just post-poned, and was wondering if they don’t accept you, do they just postpone everyone?</p>

<p>They do deny. I know a few people from my HS that were denied. I don’t know the actual wording, but they were denied and others were postponed.</p>

<p>I was postponed from California today. Were you in or out of state? Did you just check online or receive a letter? I checked online.</p>

<p>ok great. I didn’t know if it was there way on kind of denying. So that is really good to know… thank you. I am really hoping to get in, because it is my first choice school. I live in San Diego, and I visited in December and just loved the school. I don’t know what else I can do at this point. Also, in being postponed, if I do get in, I hope there is still housing available.</p>

<p>Where are you from?</p>

<p>Just got accepted to the college of engineering, 1800 SAT, 3.95 UW, 4.15 W, incredible extracurrics (Intel ISEF 3-time participant [just qualified a day ago again], ski racer, dancer, pianist, sing, MANY volunteer hours at middle school, science bowl competitor + coach, Forest Service volunteer). Out of state. 'Cause I’m a honey badger. And I don’t give a ***** about test scores.</p>

<p>Congratulations! UW Madison has a great engineering program.</p>

<p>Did you have to apply to the Engineering School in addition to Letters and Science?</p>

<p>Yes, you have to apply to major after freshman year. Start as pre-engineering.</p>

<p>Hi WiBadgers, thank you. Although, I’m confused as to what the “Letters and Science” is. Care to enlighten me? :)</p>

<p>Hey guys, I have a question.
I was recently admitted into Engineering School at UW- Madison.</p>

<p>If I have a C or two, what would the possibility of getting my admissions rescinded be?</p>

<p>I have a C in an elective and Art History, but ive had A’s all year, except this quarter.
I could bring them up to a Low B High C.</p>

<p>But i have All A’s in physics and Calc bc.</p>

<p>Any thoughts?</p>

<p>please no advice on trying harder. I am doing that, just got really bad case of senioritis for two weeks. I am trying very hard to bring them back up. I just wanted to know your thoughts, or experiences on this matter.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I am no expert…just reading this thread and learning.</p>

<p>It was my understanding that usually students had to go through a general admission (Letters and Science) and then apply to their special school (like Engineering).</p>

<p>I may be wrong…I guess that is why I was asking.</p>

<p>Congrats again.</p>

<p>Go Badgers!</p>

<p>L & S is the largest school and covers all the liberal arts, most sciences, languages, etc.</p>

<p>My D an international got accepted last month . How severe is the weather in Wisconsin.
big factor to take decision .She has acceptance from few other as well</p>

<p>Do all colleges at UW Madison offer direct admit without going through general admission?</p>

<p>Mixed bag. Most L&S majors are direct admit-opne but a few require iether gpa or second application–journalism for one. Business is a second app for 99% after 1 year. Same for engineering and education but more GPA driven. Best to check each program carefully.</p>

<p>Thanks for the insights, Barrons.</p>

<p>Which school/college at UW Madison would you say is most difficult to be accepted as a direct admit from highschool?</p>

<p>Business. Most that have restrictions do not have a direct admit program. Actually only business that I know about. Takes about 20.</p>

<p>Should a highschool student be accepted directly into the business college, it is my understanding they will be in the small FIG group their freshman year. Once a sophomore, will there be the large pit classes in the business college? Just curious if the cutbacks will cause the business college to have even larger classes and less availability to get into classes required to graduate.</p>

<p>Business has pretty much their own money due to recent large donations, a business tuition surcharge, and relatively low costs per student as there are no expensive labs and equipment to run. With no faculty losses the total classes will not change much.
Not sure what you consider a large pit class but classes beyond the intro class run from around 20 to 125 with most in the 30s-60s. Much depends on the major with finance most popular and real estate investments smaller.</p>

<p>Thanks Barrons…I have learned alot from this site.</p>

<p>when UWisconsin sends out acceptance letter for international students :(</p>